News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

E. Jean-Marc Monrad

Original PV Plans
« on: March 31, 2006, 11:12:42 PM »
I am on my spring break trip with the golf team in Georgia right now and just returned from dinner with the team where we visited a graduate from my school.  He had in his house a copy of the original layout of Pine Valley which were discovered only about six months ago.  I am not sure who the architect was and was wondering if anyone knows who drew the plans up and how different they are from the current plans.

JESII

Re:Original PV Plans
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 11:47:32 PM »
While you're in the neighborhood you ought to see if you can find out from your friend some of those details. On this site there was an interesting event close to 6 months ago about the discovery of a(n) "original" layout of Pine Valley which appeared on EBAY. A couple of the posters here will have some information for you about that particular print but they will also have detail questions for you about this one you referrence.

See if you can pick his brain a little bit while you're close to front of mind.

TEPaul

Re:Original PV Plans
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 05:19:45 AM »
E. Jean-Marc;

The layout you refer to is labeled

Scheme For
Pine Valley Golf Club
  As Suggested by
        H.S. Colt

The plan had likely been floating around in near proximity to PVGC for the last 90+ years, but the original of it is now back where it belongs---at PVGC.

However, all that is small potatoes compared to the fact that you and your teammates were having dinner at the home of the latter day Bobby Jones--- an ANGC and golf architecture expert, Atlanta lawyer, Harvard grad, golfer extraordinaire, and overall stud-muffin.

Congratulations to you as well for being a student at perhaps the greatest university in the known world.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back