News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Jordan Wall

What does it say about a course...
« on: March 31, 2006, 11:57:36 AM »
If lots of people are wearing knickers??

I rarely see them any more, actually I never see them at all.

It seems to me the people that wear them are true golf enthusiasts (which is awesome) and love to see traditional values of the game upheld.  Does it represent a course at all if you visit a new club (one you have never been to, defining new) and most people are wearing knickers??  Maybe wearing traditional golf clothes says something about the course...

Bob_Huntley

Re:What does it say about a course...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 12:10:56 PM »
Jordan,

I trust than when you get another freebie on a famous course, in Britain, you do not use the word knickers. Over there it pertains to a a woman's intimate underwear.

bob

Tim Pitner

Re:What does it say about a course...
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 12:19:18 PM »
I actually haven't seen a lot of plus fours, but it may signal that the place is about golf, rather than any extraneous activities.  I'll never forget finishing our second 18 at Bandon Dunes one day, trudging toward the clubhouse, when we saw an older gentleman (70+) wearing plus fours sprinting to the first tee to start his 3rd round of the day (we had seen him throughout the day).  It was one of the more uplifting things I've ever seen.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back