News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Shane Gurnett

Barnbougle Dunes hole-by-hole review - by Tony Titheridge
« on: February 04, 2006, 05:39:34 AM »
Regular GCA poster Tony Titheridge is midway through posting an outstanding hole-by-hole review of Tasmaina's Barnbougle Dunes, the critically acclaimed Tom Doak / Michael Clayton co-design, on Iseekgolf.com.

Link as follows:

http://www.iseekgolf.com/forums/index.php?showforum=15

Enjoy, Shane.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 05:40:10 AM by Shane Gurnett »

ed_getka

Re:Barnbougle Dunes hole-by-hole review - by Tony Titheridge
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 02:09:13 PM »
Shane,
  Thanks for the link.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

tonyt

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 06:23:54 AM »
To answer those who have asked, the rest are slowly being posted. I have completed through #10 thus far, and am trying to clean up the others at least a couple a day. Work is demanding a lot this week :)

Jason Topp

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 11:36:13 AM »
Tony - If the people on that site don't want to see them post them here!  Having been there over Christmas, I really enjoy your take on the holes.  

David Sneddon

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 12:27:17 PM »
Regular GCA poster Tony Titheridge is midway through posting an outstanding hole-by-hole review of Tasmaina's Barnbougle Dunes, the critically acclaimed Tom Doak / Michael Clayton co-design, on Iseekgolf.com.

Link as follows:

Enjoy, Shane.

There is another excellent page written by a friend of mine, Colin Wilson, of Australia.  I posted this link last year but will repost for those who may have missed it.  It's an interesting journey from the average golfers' perspective.

http://publishing.kyneton.net.au/barnbougle/
Give my love to Mary and bury me in Dornoch

RJ_Daley

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 01:08:46 PM »
Shane,

perhaps I shouldn't say thanks for the link.  Don't I have enough wasted time on this GCA forum? ;)  Iseekgolf is another black hole of golf discussion one can fall into, perhaps never to escape.  Does TomPaul go there?  If he duplicated his efforts there as he writes prolifically here, well he'd never be heard from again...

Tony's Barneygoogles appears to be a feast.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

tonyt

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 02:02:36 PM »
Tony - If the people on that site don't want to see them post them here!  Having been there over Christmas, I really enjoy your take on the holes.  

Jason, a few on the Aussie website have seen dozens of Barnbougle threads, so it isn't a surprise some are over it! But amongst all the great photos and general discussion, I found that little info actually took anyone around the course from roughly a player's view, and so people still had little idea what holes there were and what they were like. So I've been putting together the series which has seen a couple of people roll their eyes over and dozens more very happy. Majority wins ;D

Sean Walsh

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 08:31:01 PM »
Bump,

This disappeared off the front page pretty quick the first time round.  I've made it through the front 9 and this gives yet another perspective on Barnbougle.

Also for anyone interested I might try and get down there at the end of march, start of April.  PM me if you are interested in accompanying me.

Sean_A

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 07:39:57 AM »

Link as follows:

Enjoy, Shane.

Looking at the photo from behind the 6th hole really reminded me a lot of Cruden Bay's 8th hole.  The green complexes look similar and so does the fairway (if the tee was further up of course).  Is there similarity and could it be intentional?

Ciao

Sean
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back