News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Nathan Cashwell

Re:Trip to North Carolina
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2006, 11:26:29 PM »
Dunlop,

I did my own research and offered my findings to the club, but they didn't want it, said they were doing their own.  They eventually acknowledged that the course is a Stiles and Van Kleek, but still claim that Maxwell heavily consulted on the project.  All of the photos I've seen look a lot like the photos I've seen of other Stiles and Van Kleek's work.  There are also a couple of holes that look to be right off of one of Ross' plans.  Neither the greens nor the bunkers had Maxwell characteristics to them, no Maxwell rolls that I can see.

Brian Cenci

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2006, 11:11:31 AM »
From everyone's comments I think we've changed our trip around to add, as of now, Southern Pines (replacing Reynolds Park) and Royal New Kent (as our Richmond destination).  

Now in Raleigh we're looking at the Hetritage Golf Club and the Duke University course (rather than Knight's Play and The Neuse).  But, do you think we should play Raleigh CC over these two?

Again, thanks for the the input and invites thus far.

-Brian

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2006, 11:18:30 AM »
Brian

I gotta believe if you get an invite to a private club that it has to be a better bet than Duke.  Take up Brian's offer and have a look at Raleigh CC.

Ciao

Sean

Raleigh CC over Duke without a doubt.  I'm not familiar with Heritage, but I doubt that is a winner either of these three.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back