News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

Conwy
« on: January 20, 2006, 02:14:53 PM »
Here's a cheap way to play Conwy - enter for an Open Competition:

http://www.conwygolfclub.co.uk/comp_type.asp?CTypeID=5

There are fewer this year because of the Open Final Qualifier.

Brent Hutto

Re:Conwy
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 02:23:54 PM »
I noticed that Conwy has a full slate of different events the first week of August. A lot of clubs in Scotland whose web sites I've browsed have similar calendars, usually that same week. I guess that's traditionally a big vacation week or something.

So at a club with August fixtures like Conwy's you could in theory camp out there for the whole week and play in a half-dozen different events, no? I guess that's the whole point.

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 02:28:22 PM »
Brent, Yes you can.  Many people take a cottage or rent a caravan and bring the family.  The family is welcome in the clubhouse and the food is terrific value.  The wealthy park their yacht in the Marina!

It's a great way to play many courses in the UK - look on lots of websites for places such as Perranporth, Bull Bay.  The courses are in good condition and there's usually a good mix of locals and visitors.  Conwy try to mix matches up so that there is a member playing with one or two visitors which means that you get to know people and some advice on the best lines etc.

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 02:56:13 PM »
Conwy try to mix matches up so that there is a member playing with one or two visitors which means that you get to know people and some advice on the best lines etc.

Here in the Colonies, we are forbidden from giving advice to fellow competitors during Competitions. ;)
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back