News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Tufts

Re:Favorite shots to hit involving a specific architectural feature.
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2006, 09:30:03 PM »
Blind shots are fun, in my opinion, and I love when your strategy playing in wind works out.  Wind isn't specifically an architectural feature, but good design allows it to make the course more interesting.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

texsport

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2006, 09:21:33 PM »
Of these favorite shots of yours, what % of the time do you think you can pull it off as planned/conceived?

Quote: RJ Daley

Reply:J.H.Kendall,Sr.

Since these are my favorite shots, I can hit the "type" shot described---draw, cut, high, low, etc 99% of the time.

The relationship of my preceived aiming point and the final resing position of the ball is obviously less reliable.

The uphill, 1 ft. eagle putt is about a 100% reliability---anything outside that----the odds drop off quickly.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 09:22:48 PM by John Kendall,Sr. »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2006, 09:32:45 PM »
99% on the shaped shots, left to right, right to left, high or low?  I'll be looking for your name on the senior tour soon John... are you like Skip Kendall's dad or something? ;) ;D

I have never had a 1 ft up hill eagle putt either... :-\  But, I'd hope when I start having them, I could be 100% pure.  ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

texsport

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2006, 09:40:55 PM »
I don't think it's so special to be able to hit a type shot reliably. Since I'm basically a right to left, low ball hitter, those 2 shot types are natural. If I'm playing regularly and practicing a couple times a week, and therefore hitting it solid, I can easily do this. If I'm in one of my spells when I don't play much, and not striking it solidly, I wouldn't even try to shape shots much---just concentrate on solid contact.

All the guys I play golf with can control the type shots they hit.

The trick is to land it very near your target.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 09:47:37 PM by John Kendall,Sr. »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2006, 09:46:56 PM »
I quess it is a matter of degree and interpretation.  Low and drawing vs high draw, and low and cutting vs high fade are variable I personally can't control consistently.  Yes, if ones definition is that which doesn't demand too much in the way of ultimate LZ and final resting point, perhaps my % could go up a bit.  But, within playability perameters, I'd have to stick with about 20%  having the ball do as I plan or envision for outcome.  But, then I'm 12-13 handicap... ;) ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

texsport

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2006, 09:49:34 PM »
Remember, these are my favorite shots.

The harder, less reliable shots for me would be the high draw or the low cut.

Garland Bayley

Re: Favorite shots to hit involving a specific architectural feature.
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2015, 09:42:28 PM »
I have always enjoyed blind approach shots. My recent postings on Bude and North Cornwall may have given you a clue that is true. It seems to me that the blind shot puts less pressure on the high handicapper to execute. I especially like them today as I holed an 150 yard seven iron approach to the Alps style 400 yard 15th hole at my home course for eagle today.

;D ;D ;D

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2015, 10:10:51 PM »
Wow, this thread was 9 years old. Here are my favorites:
1. Tee shot with sand wedge of 7th tee of Pebble Beach
2. 7 wood on 2nd shot on 8th hole into the green at Pebble Beach
3. Tee shot on par 3 hole 15 or 16 at Cypress
4. Tee shot, 2nd shot and 3rd shot on 17 at Mission Inn in Orlando
5. Tee shot on 16 at Cog Hill
6. 2nd shot at 9th hole at
7. Tee shot on 9th hole with pin in the back at Yale
8. Tee shot at floating green in Idaho
9. @nd shot into green on par 5 Lakota Cayon, #5
10. Tee shot at 12 at Augusta National
11. I could probably list another 20
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

archie_struthers

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2015, 10:22:21 PM »

Two shots if I may . Hitting a "hold " driver on a slight dogleg right or a low knockdown six iron into a right to headwind.

Both keep me from hitting my least favorite , a hook .

Sam Krume

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2015, 06:09:15 AM »
A punched 5 iron into a 4 club wind, to a raised tabletop green(like the first on the dunes at Princes). The joy of successfully pulling off this shot and finding the target is second to none

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2015, 12:32:39 PM »
Hitting a bank shot off the wall of "The Pit" in North Berwick.

Using the trough on the #10 green at Yale to putt back right to front right.

Rollercoaster putts on the E-green #7 at Ballyneal.

Doug Siebert

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2015, 05:01:18 PM »
Chipping off the blacktop behind the Road Hole into the bank of the green to kill the momentum.
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back