News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Wayne Freeman

Re:Victoria National Golf Club
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2005, 01:08:29 AM »
Tony-  I played there this year with a buddy of mine from Valhalla and the head pro, who is a great guy.  The story goes that the owner had a hard time even getting Fazio to look at the property because he thought that any land in Indiana couldn't be very good for one of his courses.  Once he got there though, he felt that there were "at least 100 great holes". The excavated areas of the quarry create beautiful water vistas and elevation changes.  The course certainly does not disappoint-  beautifully manicured and a lot of challenging holes, it has moments where you think you're at Fishers Island even though the ocean is obviously lightyears away.  They only have about 175 members.  I think it's a real stretch to call it top 25 in the country, but it is terrific and worth whatever it takes to get there.

Aidan Bradley

Re:Victoria National Golf Club
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2005, 01:13:53 AM »
Steve,

Once again, thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately, to date , I only have one course to my credit in MS, Hopefully, in years to come, developers and owners will come realise that they need an Irish perspective on their imagery. A  little leprauchan dust on an image never hurt.

Aidan

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back