News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

bill_k

Seth Raynor Society?
« on: November 17, 2005, 12:29:28 PM »
I have visited the Society's website several times in the past year and the 2004 event at Yeamans Hall is still listed as an upcoming event. I also noticed that the course updates that George Bahto posted have been removed. Does anyone here know if there a different website for the Society or are there any plans to upgrade sethraynorsociety.org in the future?

Bill Wernecke Jr

Re:Seth Raynor Society?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 03:07:29 PM »
I just got a note from Doug Stein and they will be updating.

He said they will be having an event this year at Fox Chapel in Pittsburgh.

Just contact him using the address on the site and I am sure he can fill you in.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 04:16:16 PM »
Hey Wild Bill, what has it been since you last posted, 4-5 years?  Are you still at WBCC?  It is always good to see someone resurface or come out of lurking. ;) ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

dsilk

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 04:30:26 PM »
just be careful of Pioppi- he tries to sell you books, makes invitations to swanky golf courses and then goes awol... just an all around crud- heh-heh

George_Bahto

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 05:11:34 PM »
Dave - I've been trying my best to make Pioppi crazier than he already is ..... he's currently crazed digging up more and more of the Ocean Links (Newport, RI) story - and doing well.

Occasionally  I send him info and his reply is usually, "you're giving me a headache again."

i try
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 01:09:03 PM »
The site will be updated this weekend. The annual meeting is being moved to the fall and we hope to have a number of 1-day events throughout the year at Raynor courses throughout this great land of ours. Any questions, please contact me directly:
Apioppi@earthlink.net.

Mr. Silk: Whatever are you referring to? Maybe, just maybe, you stopped one too many shots with the old brain bucket.

Mr. Bahto: I have a headache!

Anthony Pioppi
Executive Director,
Chief Bunker Raker
Seth Raynor Society

dsilk

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 06:13:56 PM »
while it is clear that the repititions of "Brass Bonanza" at the Hartford mall have clouded Mr Pioppi's mind (and I use that term loosely) his ongoing obsession with Seth Raynor and his never ending quest to unearth new data on 9 holerer  is enough to give any self-respecting gca'er a headache-
btw, i think there have been remains of a nine hole mini golf course at the old Paragon Park amusement site in Hull, Ma where I have learned on good authority that Donald Ross once rode the roller coaster.....

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 06:23:27 PM »
Anthony Pioppi
Executive Director,
Chief Bunker Raker <<<<<<<  I thought we were just
Seth Raynor Society                 'mushing' it around with
                                                     our feet?

Sheeesh
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Geoffrey Childs

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 09:39:10 PM »
Dave - anyone who takes the time to make fun of Mr. Pioppi must be a friend of mine  ;D

Jim - I believe that Tony is Chief Sod layer (appointed by Mr Beck).  I don't really think he is capable of being a Chief Bunker Raker at the same time.

Donnie Beck

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 02:05:19 AM »
If only we can teach him to lay the green side up   ;D ;D

Brad Klein

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 06:31:48 AM »
If Pioppi sees the grass side up, will he try to mow it or smoke it?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 07:58:10 AM by Brad Klein »

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 10:56:29 PM »
What the hell is going on here?

Mr. Kennedy: Yes, we are mushing it around with our feet in most instances but raking needs to be done once in a while and I am the MAN for that job.

Mr. Silk: The fact you are from Hull, Mass. answers many questions that we were afraid to ask. We'll get you some help. With time maybe, just maybe, we can get your mind back, but we make no promises.

Mr. Childs: Your allegiance with Mr. Silk is ill advised. I've spent time with him socially in a bar in Chattanooga and let me just say I'm lucky we're all not doing time.

Mr. Beck: Now you tell me it's green side up when laying sod. This would have saved us so much trouble. Now can you help me pick up the 7-10 split?

Mr Klein: If it's a bent/poa mix I'm mowing it. If it's a cross between sensimilla and Kentucky bluegrass well that's a different story.

dsilk

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 07:55:25 AM »
OK- we got it going now...

first off, the boy scout would never have testified- and in tennessee, I believe what occurred was considered a misdemeanor only..

and, since it could be construed as "piling on" with respect to Mr P- I hereby give anyone two a side and a traveling mulligan if they choose to go to the "dark side" aka siding with that substance- abusing, cake-baking, jam tart eating, sod laying, three jacking reprobate known as the executive director.

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 11:40:39 AM »
Silk,

That's a little harsh, isn't it? I've never baked a cake in my life. Take it back I say.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 11:48:34 AM »
.. and in tennessee, I believe what occurred was considered a misdemeanor only..

We remain SOOOOO misunderstood.

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 05:15:57 PM »
Mike,

That's exactly what Silk said at the sentencing hearing.

Ted Kramer

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 05:22:29 PM »
OK- we got it going now...

first off, the boy scout would never have testified- and in tennessee, I believe what occurred was considered a misdemeanor only..

and, since it could be construed as "piling on" with respect to Mr P- I hereby give anyone two a side and a traveling mulligan if they choose to go to the "dark side" aka siding with that substance- abusing, cake-baking, jam tart eating, sod laying, three jacking reprobate known as the executive director.

I don't have any idea who most of the posters in this thread are, and I'm certainly not trying to be out of line, sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong  . . .

but I'll be glad to take 2 a side and mulli for teaming up with someone who can appreciate grass as more than just a playing surface ;)

-Ted
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 05:30:12 PM by Ted Kramer »

dsilk

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 09:13:11 AM »
ted
you got em- just remember, leave your bong on the fringe (it counts as a club) and take a totally over the top shot at Pioppi- much like his swing....

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 01:55:50 PM »
Hey, I have an idea, let's get back on the topic.

The Seth Raynor Society website has been updated. The Society is also looking for member clubs to host 1-day events this season.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back