News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Munoz

Punta Cana-Tom Fazio Design
« on: October 14, 2005, 05:53:42 PM »
Has anyone of the golfclubatlas guys heard of this golf course resort in Domincan Republic.  Just sent my resume for a superintendents or assistants positions...Lets see what happens....

Muni
Christian C. Munoz
Assistant Superintendent Corales
PUNTACANA Resort & Club
www.puntacana.com

SteveC

Re:Punta Cana-Tom Fazio Design
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 06:16:38 PM »
Been there twice - once at Club Med next door, this year at Punta Cana Resort. Didn't play, but all reports were that it was lots of fun. From what I day of it, it looked great - well-maintained - and accomodated the resort crowd well. I know nothing of the management at the golf end of things, but I wish the reort side had a better understanding of customer service. They just don't get it. And at those prices, they ought to. It was a big letdown from a CS standpoint. The folks next door at the Club Med there really get it - great place for families, loads of fun 24-7, and you have priveleges at the Punta Cana Resort golf course.

Tom Dunne

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 08:42:52 PM »
Muni, if it's this place, www.puntacana.com, it's a P.B. Dye. However, I have some vague notion that they're building a new course there to open in '06 or '07.....and that one may well be Fazio. I've heard varying reviews of the resort and the course, with the one consistent line being: bring plenty of bug spray....

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 01:23:26 PM »
The existing 18 is a P.B. Dye layout, but there is a second 18 either under construction or about to be, which will be a Tom Fazio design.  (I know because we also interviewed for the job.)  There will be a LOT of coastline in play on the new 18, all pretty low to the water.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back