News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Craig Van Egmond

Hot Springs Golf
« on: October 05, 2005, 08:59:42 AM »

Arkansas that is...

Is the Arlington course at Hot Springs Country Club the place to play? Or one of the courses at Hot Springs Village?  If so, which one?  Some where else maybe?

Thanks!

Tiger_Bernhardt

Re:Hot Springs Golf
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 09:58:39 AM »
Craig, I think a course named Deomonte or something like that is the best of the Hot Springs courses last time I was there. That was 5 years ago. There are 4 or 5 courses in the Hot Springs Village complex and that was the best by far. Little Rock has several pretty good private courses. I looked at the golf trail course just northeast of Little Rock and I could not even get in the mood to ride around it in a cart because there were so many pimple mounds lining the fairways on the holes I saw from the entrance.

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 10:16:54 AM »

Tiger,

That's the Diamante Country Club, which was rated #1 for a while. That was followed by the Isabella (voted #1 in Ark. by Golf Digest for 2005). The Granada opened most recently. I find it interesting that Ault/Clark did all 7 or 8 courses at Hot Springs Village.  I wonder if there is much variety.

Thanks for your input.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 11:26:41 AM »
Craig, Diamonte was much different from the others when I was there. I have no idea about these 2 new ones.

Lou_Duran

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 11:41:16 AM »
Craig,

I enjoyed the old HSCC course.  It is rather quirky, and short in places.  It's been several years, but maintenance was not a high priority.

I like the Village courses, though Diamante is private, and perhaps more manicured and difficult than the others.  There , is considerable variety- the earlier courses were designed, I believe, for different classes of golfers- and the latter few are more challenging and perhaps over more difficult terrain.  It's been awhile (Isabella was being built when I was there last), but the Ponce and Magellan were very good and quite cheap ($32 +/- for guests, $7 - $8 for property owners).    

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 12:06:09 PM »
The courses in the village..those being Diamante, Isabella, Pnce de leon etc...are all very samey..wide open fairways, losts of big bunkers..water..all the modern cookie cutter stuff.
The Arlington course and it's sister the majestic are more traditional..Crenshaw's first green project was the Arlington..and "nice" golf courses to play

If you are in the area though, you need to jump on i30 and travel 2 hours south to Texarkana CC and play our Langford/Moreau golf course..it is in such great shape at the moment I would put it up against any bermuda grass golf course anywhere..it is absolutely superb...for about the next 4 weeks until the grass becomes dorment, it would be a treat for anybody to play.
If you are interested just let me know..love to have you...michael

Thomas_Brown

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 12:57:57 PM »
HSCC was restored by C&C recently.
The atmosphere is a step back in time.

Aloatian to the north is on my short todo list.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back