News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

jeffwarne

Prestwick St. Nicholas
« on: August 27, 2005, 11:29:56 PM »
Has anyone played this course next to its' famous neighbor Prestwick.
Looks like a fun,scenic,old historic course.
Curious how it compares with Glasgow Gailes or Kilmarnock if anyone has played it also.
Also any thoughts on Dundonald(now owned by Loch Lomond)

Thanks in advance for your help-13 days left before the big trip
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tom_Doak

Re:Prestwick St. Nicholas
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 02:59:49 PM »
Jeff:  I didn't play the course, but they used to use it for Open qualifying 20 years ago even though it's pretty short.  Would love to hear a report if you happen to play it.

jeffwarne

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 07:12:47 PM »
Tom-
I am playing Prestwick St. Nicholas-will report.
It was the hardest course to get on on my itinerary believe it or not.(which includes some pretty well known courses  )

I'm playing 3 courses (Dunaverty,Carradale,and Shiskine-12 holes seems about right to me ;D) that you've got as 2's on your scale so I'm hoping we disagree on them.

"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

astavrides

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 10:48:13 PM »
I played it 8 years ago, before i had played very many courses in my life, and found it to be great fun.  access for me was no problem.  as i recall, i called the course the day before and they were happy to accommodate me.  It was very inexpensive--at least back then.  I arrived as a single and 3 members asked me to join them and we played a match.  A short, but sporty links.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back