News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

The Jubilee......
« on: June 14, 2005, 11:39:11 AM »
This mostly for Rich Goodale.

Rich, did they have any sort of qualifying rounds on the Jubilee for this year's Open Championship?

Apart from the old dodgy second hole, I think it is the toughest test at St. Andrews.

ForkaB

Re:The Jubilee......
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »
Ok, Bob, I'll mostly answer.....

It's the usual suspects (Ladybank, Lundin, Scotscraig, Leven Links) for "final" qualifying.  Of course, now that most people final qualify in places like Singapore, Soweto and Columbus, Ohio it really doesn't mean the same thing, does it........

Someday you must enlighten me as to the charms of the Jubilee.  I see it as the 4th best of the 4 proper courses at St. Andrews, and not moving up in stature each time I play it (lastly in the early Spring of this year).

Slainte

Rich

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 12:34:57 PM »
Richard,

I did not mention charm.....just difficulty.

Bob

ForkaB

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 01:51:50 PM »
Bob

To me, (some, variable, degree of) difficulty is an essential element of charm.  I don't see that at the Jubilee, but I've only played it twice, and never in competition.

Rhic

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 01:55:41 PM »
Is today's Jubilee mostly attributable to Donald Steel/Tom Mackenzie? Just curious.

I recently spent more than two weeks at St. Andrews and didn't even find the time to walk the Jubilee.

With any spare time, it's too difficult to stay away from the Old  ;D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 01:56:12 PM by Jeff_Mingay »
jeffmingay.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back