News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

RJ_Daley

Update, Sutton Bay gathering Ap29-May1.
« on: March 18, 2005, 05:03:29 PM »
Finding and updating the last thread on this golf excursion to Sutton Bay got to be confusing, so I'm starting a new thread.  Also, I think I dropped some e-mail from a few of you, so I may have some of the list incorrect.  Please update me on your intentions if this is inaccurate. Update via this thread.  

Here is the list coming in so far:

Jason Hines-in
Jeff Shelman-in
Jason Topp-in

Don Dinkmeyer 99%
Doug Seibert 99%
Me-in

definite maybes, update if you are going to upgrade your status to "in"

Pete Pittock up to 50% and rising  

Craig Edgmand
Zack Kelly, considering
Tyler Kearns 50/50
Evan Fleisher
Paul Hermsmeyer,  + a friend are trying to make it fit their schedules
Craig Sweet, considering w/golf buddie
Gary Kurth
Mike McGuire
Shel and Jeff from Chi town pondering...

I now have a price list for golf and lodging.  I will only send that on IM as this is a private facility.  Let me know here if you want that IM now and make sure your profile is up to date for the IM.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 08:33:17 PM by RJ_Daley »
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Don Dinkmeyer

Re:Update, Sutton Bay gathering Ap29-May1.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 10:47:25 PM »
In!

looking for fri afternoon, sat and sunday morning. anyone else staying thru monday???

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 11:41:04 PM »
Everyone on the list so far should have gotten a seperate IM with lodging and golf fees.  Also included is an e-mail and phone # to be used to book your reservation and arrange a deposit. When you actually phone or e-mail your reservation deposit, let me know you have confirmed in addition to confirming with Mark Ammundson at SB, so I can keep track.

If you didn't get the IM price list, or you are still interested to join in this outting at Sutton Bay, IM me.  It is not too late by any means to join in.  I will bring this to the top, periodically for a few more weeks.  

Don, I am also planning to arrive morning of Friday Ap29. golf, stay that night, golf Sat, stay that night, and play it by ear to golf Sunday morn and leave for Nebraska after a round at Sutton Bay, or just leave early that morning.  I am certainly up for splitting a cabin double for Fri, Sat nights.

We can work a list of those wishing to share a double cabin room on IM as you all commit to the itinerary.  Just let me know if you want the single or share a cabin, and we will try to suggest cabin mates.

Please discuss prices off line on IM, as this is a private facility.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Don Dinkmeyer

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 12:25:55 AM »
I am solo-ing it due to a horrific sleep disorder only those married to me will appreciate for more than 30 minutes(!)

Thanks for setting this up, Dick.

peter_p

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 08:13:46 PM »
Dick,
It's not just me. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jason Topp

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 09:13:22 AM »
I'm in!

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 12:11:50 PM »
Sorry I can't make the trip guys, but you may want to run up to Oahe Trails if you get time (about 20 minutes from Sutton Bay). It's a 9-holer that was co-designed by Ron Farris who did Red Rock in Rapid City.

Don Dinkmeyer

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 02:44:18 PM »
Thanks for the tip on Oahe - tho their site is minimal at best. Your pic is the persuader, though!

(Which direction is it from SB?)

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 01:30:22 PM »
Don,

I think the course is quite minimal as well, but probably a nice little tune up 9 holes.  I would love to hear from anyone who has actually played it.

Anyway from my limited knowledge I will answer your question since it seems no one else is jumping up to do so.  I think it is south of Sutton Bay on the east bank of the Misouri River.  If you are heading to SB from the south and come up into Ft Pierre as you are heading north alongthe east shore of the river before you get to the Oahe Dam to cross over the river Oahe Trails is on your right I think.

Maybe someone who knows more can correct me if I am wrong.  Sorry no better details at this time.
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Mark_Amundson

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 09:50:35 PM »
Don et al:

Oahe Trails is north of Pierre, on the east side of the Lake Oahe, just off of Highway 1804.  If you are coming north out of Pierre on Highway 1804 it is about 10-12 miles and look for a sign for Spring Creek resort and the golf course.  You head west for about 1/2 mile and the course is on the right.

Mark

Don Dinkmeyer

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 04:42:51 PM »
Thanks for that info, Mark.

Hope to hear from others the "thumbs up" on the trip. One month and counting!  :)

RJ_Daley

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 05:55:43 PM »
Check out the Sutton Bay home page and take the slide show tour of photos on the bottom of the front page.

http://www.suttonbay.com/gallery.asp#

I spoke to Mark today, it was 70* and has been very nice out there all week.  It isn't too late to get "in".

This is the list so far...

Jason Hines-in

Jason Topp-in

Don Dinkmeyer-in
Doug Seibert 99%
Me-in

Pete Pittock up to 50% and rising

Craig Edgmand
Zack Kelly, considering
Tyler Kearns 50/50
Evan Fleisher
Paul Hermsmeyer,  + a friend are trying to make it fit their schedules
Gary Kurth

Shel and Jeff from Chi town pondering...

« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 06:47:56 PM by RJ_Daley »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2005, 01:12:17 PM »
One of the attendees (you know who you are ;) ;D ) has IMed me about a flight booked to the wrong city.  I have sent you an IM mystery man, but am hoping you just named the wrong city in your IM, but didn't actually book a flight there. ::) :o

Please re-read the directions to Sutton Bay in the posts above ;) ;D

Jason Topp

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2005, 01:48:35 PM »
No sense being dumb unless you show it. :)

peter_p

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2005, 03:19:46 PM »
Dick,
If I get there it will be a last minute decision. Will need to look at finances when I return from the King's Putter about April 15th.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2005, 09:28:33 PM »
Bringing this up, in case anyone in the treehouse is still considering taking a spring fling out on the prairie.  Here is your opening tee shot early morning with the lake backing up the long par 5 as the fairway tumbles down through the Missouri Breaks.

Dan Kelly

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2005, 10:31:46 PM »
Looks like that guy has hit one helluva tee shot. I wonder if it reached the fairway.
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

RJ_Daley

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2005, 12:20:11 PM »
Unfortunately, we have lost the attendence of Jason Topp, sportswriter from Twin Cities and his mystery guest, who is in that biz too ;).  But, we have a new confirmation for two fellows (Paul Hermsmeyer and friend Doug Weiss), only for Saturday, however.  

Please feel free to IM me if you are not on the list and wish to attend.  I will send you private contact information.   It is still not too late to get in.  This will be a fleeting opportunity to play one of the best courses on the big prairie, as the facility will be going more private in the near future.  

Jason Hines-in

Paul Hermsmeyer,  + a friend
Doug Weiss
Don Dinkmeyer 199% corrected by request ;)
Doug Seibert 99%
Me-in

Craig Edgmand
Zack Kelly, considering
Tyler Kearns 50/50

Gary Kurth

Shel from Chi town pondering...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 06:49:12 PM by RJ_Daley »

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2005, 01:00:03 PM »
I'm out... :'(

Too much work travel these next few weeks, so there is no way I'm gonna make it.  Have fun guys!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 13.2. Have 26 & 23 year old girls and wife of 29 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Mark_Amundson

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 05:11:50 PM »
Gentlemen:

Sounds like an illustrious group so far and we are looking forward to having you.  As a reminder, once you have your plans firmed up please contact us so we can add you to the list and get your contact information.  If you have already contacted us and have a change of plans please call us so we can make the necessary changes.  I will look forward to meeting all of you in a couple of weeks.

Regards:  Mark Amundson

Neal_Meagher

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2005, 06:19:54 PM »
Just curious about who built the golf course.  If anyone here knows, please let me know, as it looks like a fine piece of work.
The purpose of art is to delight us; certain men and women (no smarter than you or I) whose art can delight us have been given dispensation from going out and fetching water and carrying wood. It's no more elaborate than that. - David Mamet

www.nealmeaghergolf.com

RJ_Daley

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 07:43:14 PM »
Neal, the design architect was Graham Marsh.  The construction company was Landscapes Unlimitted.  Mark Amundson was the South Dakota native son, visionary, and ramrod. ;D

peter_p

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2005, 02:37:36 PM »
I will have to pass on the trip. Like Evan, two trips too close together to really work.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2005, 12:19:39 PM »
Tis a pity, Peter.  Also Jeff G. from Chi-town is out.  But, we few and hearty will soldier on.  

I updated the last list above.  It is a very rare treat to have this facility basically to ourselves, which will most likely be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, thanks to Mark's generous invitation.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2005, 06:37:30 PM »
Gentemen, I have been informed that a few of you that are in, hadn't called or e-mailed your confirmations yet.  Please do so now.  You have been sent the e-mail and phone numbers of Sutton Bay and Mark via IM.  If you have lost them, IM me or e-mail me and I will pass them along. You must register to win and your mileage may vary... ;)

If you have have not jumped in on this yet, but still would like to, it is not too late.  IM me for the details and how to book the reservation.

We are only 10 days away, so get to it if you want to experience Sutton Bay.

Jason Hines-in

Paul Hermsmeyer,  + a friend
Doug Weiss
Don Dinkmeyer 199% corrected by request
Doug Seibert 99%
Me-in

Zack Kelly, considering

Gary Kurth

Shel from Chi town pondering...

edit:  several names have been scratched as they sent me their regrets they can't fit this into their schedules.  I will be speaking to Mark this week, and will post and privately message those attending, if their needs to be changes to the plan due to a small number wishing to attend.  
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 10:23:52 AM by RJ_Daley »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back