News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Gerry B

Re:Who or what do you have hanging on your wall?
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2005, 01:41:07 AM »
The west course uses flags -the east course uses baskets -the baskets are only given out to presidents,  etc. Would love a basket to hang in my office like a boat oar -but no luck.

Sean_A

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2005, 03:19:42 AM »
I have two things on my wall, down the hall by the book gallery.  The card of a 69 I shot in 2000.  The only time I have broken 70 as a tax paying adult.  The watercolour copy of Royal Co. Down by Roundtree.  

My main interest for wall space is bullfighting.  These are slowly disappearing from my office.  Perhaps my wife is involved.

Ciao

Sean
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

wsmorrison

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2005, 07:33:10 AM »
"Wayne;

What do you mean by copy??? You owe me bigtime pal! You're passing off fakes on your partner already?"

Sorry, Tom.  While you were passed out at noon from too much Sauvignon Blanc that morning, I switched the original for the fake.  I guess I owe you the $25,000 you paid for the original.  Sorry about that, partner.

You've done it again, Wayne. Forget all the golf stuff... I want that bat

Jeff Mingay,

If I get my hands on the two silver batting title bats (do they still give those out?) I can part with the 1951 All Star Bat.  But my mother-in-law- is leaning towards giving them to my brothers-in-law.  I might have to offer some serious dough for those two prizes.  Tom Paul saw them a few weeks back.  They are the nicest trophies in sports.

Dan,

Thanks for the link.  How does the 3.239 average compare to many ballplayers?  Is it just a factor of how long the player was in the league?

Mike Malone,

Do you really think a fellow that doesn’t get the concept of the MorrPaul bunker deserves a set of Flynn drawings?  Honestly, if I have to bribe you to finally agree to the concept, it might be the only way to get it through that thick Irish head of yours.

Tom MacWood,

Curious, what Flynn piece would you want to be on your wall of fame?

Ian,

“Photo of Ballantrae (my first and only)”

Are you the Master of Ballantrae?
By the way, no Flynns?  What’s a matter with you, my friend from the North?

Donnie Beck

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2005, 07:41:23 AM »
I almost forgot about my collection of Top 100 balls I have in my office.

TEPaul

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2005, 07:41:41 AM »
"Sorry, Tom.  While you were passed out at noon from too much Sauvignon Blanc that morning, I switched the original for the fake.  I guess I owe you the $25,000 you paid for the original.  Sorry about that, partner."

Wayne;

Awww, forgetaboutit. Just get me about $25,000 worth of wine! But I don't want that stuff that smells like cat piss. Or maybe I'll take a little of that too---I'll give it to the little fuzz-nuts misanthrope and maybe that'll take care of him.

mike_malone

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2005, 08:03:19 AM »
 Wayne,
     Get me a copy of the Flynn drawings with the Morrpaul bunker drawn in ;D
AKA Mayday

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2005, 09:01:25 AM »
Going clockwise, I have two odd looking cartoon-like pieces of a Fat man golfing in a kilt.  Then there's "Dog-Gonnit", a foursome of pooches wearing golf shirts, with the Irish Setter putting out, while he puts body english on what appears to be a near miss. Under that is my Supt. News dog calander. Then, the Three Stooges in "Golf With Your Friends" Moe, Larry and Curly lean on a club with opposite hand on hip and a smnug look that only golf can provide. My "I'd rather be driving a titleist" bumper sticker next to the new rack, Sheryl put up to hold old clubs and such. Then there's the flag from the fourth hole at Del Monte. A St. Andrews towel from the 2000 open given to me when the Cadets came to the peninsula in '99. My club champ plaque from pg.  A "golfer's hell" cartoon, showing a giant cup with some poor schmucks putt ending up behind the hole from 3 feet. Then there's the creme de la creme, pictures of me standing on the 9th, the 15th, the 16th (sitting) tees at CPC and one pic of my team holding the cup and the plaque on the first tee with a dune in the background.
I'm waiting to have my signed routing from Forrest Richardson's The Hideout framed. It's going up next.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2005, 09:04:27 AM »
Heh, forgot some things. I have one of those motivational posters ("Challenge") that a friend got me for Christmas showing the 16th green at CPC. Then I have pictures of a friend and I at the Black... in front of the famous sign, the starter's shack, in the fourth fairway after my five wood up to the right of the green (Wall of sand in front) and posing in my follow-through on the 18th tee.

I want to photoshop the horrid bunkering out of that last one :-p

I also realized I have my golf flag collection on my wall, and a certain wicker basket.

T_MacWood

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2005, 09:05:47 AM »
Wayne
If I had a choice, it would be a plan for Shinnecock, followed by Cascades or Boca Raton.

James Edwards

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2005, 09:08:57 AM »
I have a photograph of the plaque on the 17th tee at CPC which states:

BONEY'S
    PULPIT
The 17th Tee

GENTLEMEN:
   LET US PAUSE
    FOR A MOMENT OF
     THANKS FOR BEING ONE
         OF THE FEW
              WHO HAVE
                BEEN SO
                 PRIVILEGED
                  TO WALK
                  ALONG THESE
                  MAGNIFICENT
                      SHORES.
                Clarke W.Bearden
                     1911 - 1995

I think, to this day, that was one of the greatest moments in golf I have ever had reading that, the day after the ATT at Pebble last year on the most awesome day to look across the bay.
@EDI__ADI

John Foley

« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2005, 09:15:01 AM »
I have framed routing maps from

NGLA - drawn by EJ Raisz
St. Andrews - drawn by MacKenzie
Pinehurst - drawn by Ross
Turnberry - drawn by ??

Wayne - you mention routing maps of Pine Valley & Sand Hills. The only one of Pine Valley I've seen is the one in their club history and never seen one from Sand Hills. What are the details of the these two you have?
Integrity in the moment of choice

JSlonis

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2005, 09:15:47 AM »
Hey Jamie, when you play competitive golf at PVGC in any kinda club event certainly including the Crump it's all about plates pal! And don't you dare let anyone eat off of them either! Every plate has a hole painted on it and it's got to be like the ultimate ringer deal---if you ever collect a plate for every hole on the course you're gonna die a happy man and be a pretty damn fine energizer-bunny golfer too! And if you happen to do that over your lifetime as a non-member the deal has to be that the club makes every member of your family for the rest of time an honorary member with no dues! Play hard pal!  :)

Tom,

I did forget that item.  I did receive a Lenox Plate for being Runner-Up.  It has a pic of the #15 hole.  I have it in a plate holder on my mantle.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2005, 09:22:36 AM »
We have so much stuff here in Traverse City that I'm embarrassed to hang it all up.  We're moving our office in a month or two and perhaps more of it will go up when we get there.

Right now the photo of honour at the front door is an extra-large Larry Lambrecht print of the tenth at Pacific Dunes.  We also have an as-built map of The Valley Club and a photocopy of Dr. MacKenzie's original routing for Alwoodley, with his handwritten notes in the margins.  And we always have maps and aerial photos of sites that are still top secret.

On my desk there's a photo of me and Mike Clayton walking toward the 5th green at Royal Melbourne, plus a photo of the first group out at Archipalooza ... Jim Urbina, David Kidd, Brad Klein, Bill Coore and myself.

At my house I have enlarged cover pages of the three books I've written [courtesy of my wife and ex-wife], a great original oil painting of the 9th at Pacific Dunes by a young man named Josh Smith, and a picture of me playing the 11th at Pacific Dunes framed side-by-wide with a copy of the photo of Dr. MacKenzie playing the seventh at Cypress Point in 1929, courtesy of Don Placek [I think he was trying to flatter me!].  But my favorite is a photograph of me and my son and Jim Urbina on Opening Day at Pacific, which hangs in my son's room.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 09:25:23 AM by Tom_Doak »

THuckaby2

« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2005, 09:35:58 AM »
I admire those of you who have managed a way to have golf decor in your homes.  My wife would sooner post pictures of dogs playing poker than she would allow golf items in HER home.  

Some day we get a house big enough where I get a tiny space of wall I can call my own.

BUT.. my office here is a different story.  Golf books everywhere.  Golf photos everywhere, trophies, etc.  The main photos that are on the wall and large enough to see are:

1. Me on 18 tee at Pebble, taken 12/28/2003; and

2. The greatest photo of #1 Sand Hills I have ever seen, posted in here by Paul Turner.  It's two feet to my right as I type this.  Helps keep me sane on busy days.

TH

George Pazin

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2005, 09:50:43 AM »
We have so much stuff here in Traverse City that I'm embarrassed to hang it all up.  We're moving our office in a month or two and perhaps more of it will go up when we get there.

Save some space for a drawing of one of the holes at Barnbougle. :)

I'm saving space for an Ed Getka original.

How cool would it be to have a flag and a plate you won at Pine Valley? Hard to top that. Does anyone else have any cool trophies or prizes?
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

THuckaby2

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2005, 09:56:43 AM »
George, I have many cool prizes and trophies.  I play a lot of tournaments, a lot of them quite strange.  I win a lot of stupid categories, most in no way connected to golf skill.

One thing I don't have right now is THE KING'S PUTTER.  Of course we will rectify that in a few weeks.

My proudest trophy is a hand-made little paper one my son made for me after I won the Santa Teresa club championship last year... he couldn't believe I didn't get a trophy to keep, so he made me one... That beats a Pine Valley flag any day for me.   ;)

ps - I'm saving space for the cd cover of ED GETKA'S EHRU HITS.  
 ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 09:57:23 AM by Tom Huckaby »

PThomas

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2005, 09:59:59 AM »
I think the trash talking has begun, Mr. Huckaby!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

frank_D

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2005, 10:00:30 AM »
brother Tom MacWood

the MOE LARRY and CURLY (the three stooges) on a tee in their golf apparel each with a club with the caption "play golf with your friends"

THuckaby2

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2005, 10:01:02 AM »
Paul:

Of course it has.
Just don't be too sure what side you'll be on.  There is very little rhyme or reason to this, as you shall see shortly.

;D

Kenny Lee Puckett

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2005, 10:15:30 AM »
Tom Huckaby -

1. Me on 18 tee at Pebble, taken 12/28/2003; and

What a coincidence:

Home:

Family/Dining Room:

Me on 18 tee at Pebble, taken 1/18/97 from the TV tower behind #17.  (Drilled past the old trees)

Photo of from behind #12 Green looking back up at #11 fairway at Augusta National (At its time in 1997, a very rare shot, and a view very few people ever get to see).
Photo of #4 at Pacific Dunes at sunset.

Oil Painting of #18 at Harbour Town all dressed up for the MCI Heritage.

Photo of Hogan at 18 at Merion.

Overhead photo of Woodway circa 1978 before addition to old #8/New #1, and constuction of new #9.

Watercolor of Hogan at #10 at Augusta.

Office:

Photo of #16 at Bandon at sunset.

and non-golf:

Composite picture of "The Battlefields of the SEC" the 12 Stadiums all shot towards the home press box and

an aerial look at the Alta/Snowbird Ski Areas from directly above Mt. Superior (Avalanche slides all over the place)

JWK

THuckaby2

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2005, 10:20:39 AM »
JWK - great minds do think alike, and that is one hell of a good photo spot.  

Interesting, my pictured shot ended up pretty darn good as well... we must be fine pressure players.  Or something.

Great stuff beyond that, also... Can I come take pics of your interiors, thereby convincing my wife as to the taste and worthiness of such things?

;D ;D ;D

Kenny Lee Puckett

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2005, 10:23:56 AM »
Sure, bring the camera.  You'll also need a sand trap rake to clear a path through the toys of our 4 and 6 yr old.

JWK

Kyle Harris

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2005, 10:25:28 AM »
Okay, if we're going with college football stadium shots...

I have:
Beaver Stadium during the 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, and this past season from various angles.

THuckaby2

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2005, 10:28:48 AM »
JWK - I have a 6 and 9 yr old myself.  I know all about toy rakes as well.

;D ;D

And Kyle, if there is a cooler name for a stadium than Beaver, I really don't want to know it.  PSU just NEEDS to host Oregon State some day.

tlavin

« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2005, 10:33:02 AM »
Pebble Beach 18th print;
Beverly CC aerial;
Olympia Fields 18th (photo)
Chicago Tribune reprints of each of the six Bulls championships;
Chicago Tribune reprint of Bears' Super Bowl victory
Old Comiskey Park lithograph;
Photos of two Western Open Pro-Am's (Maggert & Leonard)

Saving space for the right Illinois item from this so-far magical season...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back