News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Topp

Fort Lauderdale
« on: March 08, 2005, 05:54:24 PM »
Any recommendations in the area?  A friend will be out there and would likely have access to public or private.

Matt_Cohn

Re:Fort Lauderdale
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 11:11:41 PM »
Yes, check out Emerald Hills.

http://www.theclubatemeraldhills.com/

I played it a couple of years ago, and it's a really good course. It's not easy, so if your group is mid to low handicappers, that would be good. There's quite a bit of water and some forced carries. I liked that, but others may not. Everything about the day - the staff, golf shop, course condition, etc. - was great.

Matt

#'s:
Black Tees 72 7280 76.3 146
Blue Tees 72 6683 73.4 136
White Tees 72 6249 71.2 130
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 11:14:16 PM by Matt_Cohn »

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 09:51:42 AM »
I've played Emerald Hills and I agree that it is a very worthwhile course to play with the only drawback being the chain link boundary fences.  If you have private club access then go up to Boca Raton and play Boca Rio.

Jason Tetterton

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 10:03:00 AM »
Delray Beach CC...a fun Donald Ross design.  It's public and around $40.  I would recommend it, as would Zack Kelly of this website.

frank_D

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 11:37:58 AM »
Any recommendations in the area?  

brother Jason Topp

the wasabi massage in the blue room of pure platinum on federal highway and OPB - ask for miss kenichiwa

oh maybe you mean GOLF ? what day and time ?

(ie weekdays upgrade to GRANDE OAKS (private resort) or CORAL RIDGE (private reciprocal) weekends COLONY WEST (public)

Matt_Ward

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 11:51:50 AM »
Jason:

A sleeper in the town of Tamarac -- about 10 minutes west of Fort Lauderdale is Colony West -- a Devlin / Von Hagge design/ Tough course that gives no reprieve.

The par-4 12th is one of the best long par-4's in all of southeast Florida IMHO -- ditto the closing hole.

The costs to play should be modest given what everyone else is charging.

You can also try the muni at Pompano Beach -- just off US 1. Play the Pines layout -- the course is a bit underwhelming turf wise but the holes have enough character to keep you honest.

Hope this helps ...

james soper

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 05:37:42 PM »
adios in coconut creek- caddies, great conditioning, and a real special clubhouse/locker room/grillroom

pine tree- tough as nails, great shape

boca rio

colony west

delray beach cc
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 08:54:48 AM by james soper »

frank_D

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 08:41:46 AM »
brother Jason Topp

your friend might be interested to know Broward County voters this week voted YES to legalize SLUTS with the legislation to become effective at the next session

oh wait a minute

we legalized SLOTS ?

nevermind

Jason Topp

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 08:46:24 AM »
I'm sure he will be disappointed at your correction.  
 ;D

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  My friend is the play by play announcer for the Timberwolves and was looking for a game between the Miami and Orlando games this week.  He was very appreciative of the suggestions and is going to play Emerald Hills.  I'm not sure when.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back