News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott_Burroughs

Ron Whitten review of Kapalua (Plantation)
« on: January 04, 2005, 02:07:28 PM »
is in the Digest as the Mercedes starts play this week:

Linque here

BTW, if anyone will be in Hawaii any time from Feb 15-26 and wants to tee it up (providing it's the right island), let me know.

scott_wood

Re:Ron Whitten review of Kapalua (Plantation)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 04:47:18 PM »
not only is Kapalua great, GREAT FUN, it may be the greatest "hawkers" course in existence  :)

easy pickings, and with the players it attracts, mostly high quality ones, too ;D

Don Dinkmeyer

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 10:43:08 PM »
Appreciate the link to his review. Hadn't seen this reviewer before - and this is a unique view of Kapalua. It definitely makes you want to play it!

Also had an interesting (and up to date) review of Arcadia Bluffs...

Philip Gawith

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 06:26:38 AM »
excuse ignorance, but what is a "hawker" scott?

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 08:20:38 AM »
This big, wide, clinging-to-the-face-of-the-earth course lets every golfer play his or her own brand of golf. What more could you want?

These words are the greatestwords of their kind, I have ever had the pleasure of reading from Mr. Whitten.

When was that written?

Bruce Katona

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 08:58:59 AM »
My wife and I played the course several yerars ago.  It was a great fun experience for both of us.  Off topic - the mai tai's in the clubhouse at the course were the best we had on out trip.

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 09:03:46 AM »
excuse ignorance, but what is a "hawker" scott?

From the other Scott, I think he means it's a great place to troll for lost balls...apparently there are lots of them easy to spot.

scott_wood

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 09:51:04 AM »
yes, "hawker" is short for a ball hawker...and Kapalua is nirvana, in the right conditions for a hawker....since carts are mandatory, and pace of play can be sllloooww, most holes can be walked while your "partner" drives, allowing time to search....though the fairways are wide, with the "falloffs" to the sides of several fairways and many of the players games "challanged"(hey, it is an upscale public) new balls ( upscale public, again) abound....in 3 rounds I brought 280 new ones home to the kids (big tip to the bellcap), and like Redanman, left many "others" on the next tee.....

A FUN course!!!!  

Andy Hodson

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 06:27:16 PM »
Great review...really gives a word picture of the roller coaster blast of a ride that Plantation is.

Wonderful golf course. In terms of sheer fun, maybe the funnest I've ever played.

But, alas...since I am now educated because of this site...its a bad routing job because its tough to walk. ;)

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 02:14:43 PM »
A very nice review indeed...it gives you a nice sense and feel for the place, but Eon is correct...TV, articles, and pictures just don't do the place justice...you've gotta see and experience it in person for the full effect.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back