News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Dick Kirkpatrick

World Woods
« on: December 08, 2004, 04:13:04 PM »
We are planning a trip to the Tampa area and would like to check on the condition of the greens at World Woods.
I remember they were experiencing some problems recently.

Jason Mandel

Re:World Woods
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 04:15:50 PM »
i can give u a report tommorow, my brother is down there today-sunday and i will check with him

jason
You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

Jason Mandel

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 11:00:47 PM »
My brother says the greens are in good condition, although a little slow.  They just finished hositng  a Hooters tour event there and are hosting  a FCWT junior golf tournament this weekend.  He also reports the Fazio's people were out there today looking around, possibly looking to make some "improvements".  

Jason
You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 12:12:30 PM »
Dick, I also received news from WW. Both courses are in great condition. Still a few areas where tree growth is inhibiting grass growth, but all in all, the new superintendent has reversed all the issues that the corporate mindset created.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 03:52:54 PM »
There are some developments off course as I understand WCI( on NYSE) is planning residential development on the perimeter of both courses.

Steve
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Dick Kirkpatrick

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 07:08:10 PM »
Thanks guys for the reports.
There will be two foursomes from Hamilton
going there in early 05

Bill_McBride

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 10:50:09 PM »
Steve Shaffer, did WCI buy World Woods?  They just bought Lost Key Plantation on Perdido Key here in Pensacola.  Lost Key was a failed development planned around an abysmally difficult Arnold Palmer course (the locals call "Lost Key" "Lost Ball,"  or sometimes "Lost Sleeve."  Narrow corridors and lots of swampland.)

Now they are building mid rise condos on the course and a couple of high rise condos on the gulf front, and buying up every spare piece of land in the area.

Not sure this is good or bad, but it's aggressive.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 08:50:40 AM »
Bill

I received a mailing in the form of a survey from WCI, having previously visited one of their many FL projects, requesting my "help" in their development of "a premier destination golf resort community like no other." This was not a solicitation to buy but rather an opportunity to help them plan and design this community and amenities. Apparently, WCI is planning "an exceptional golf exerience" to include "pristine core golf and world class teaching facilities." Residential would include single family and "a variety of exciting multi-family options"- no mention of "interval ownership" the new code word for time-shares. They did mention the possibility of a tie-in with TreeTops in MI.

Steve
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back