News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

james soper

Philly Golf Course Book on Ebay
« on: October 29, 2004, 09:36:19 AM »
Check out Ebay for the wonderful Philly golf book 'A Centennial Tribute to Golf in Philadelphia' by James W. Finnegan. Just insert number 7109201825 in the ebay search window. 500 pages. I believe the auction has two days left. Price is already over $200 (21 bidders).

TEPaul

Re:Philly Golf Course Book on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 12:10:11 PM »
That's interesting. Basically GAP was the publisher of that book and we had a tough time getting rid of our inventory (at least as rapidly as we'd hoped to) so I think most of what we had was discounted out to some distributor, books were placed in the member clubs pro shops and such and over time they were all gone. Now there obviously aren't any left that were never sold and the price has virtually doubled on what can be found for sale!   ;)

TEPaul

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 12:18:51 PM »
Also for anyone interested in getting a copy of Finegan's book (and it is a tome with almost everything to be known about the history of Philadelphia golf--and some architectural histories), you should all know that when the inventory was gone there was some serious thought at GAP about republishing the book. I was reliable told, however, that the book was actually pubished somewhere in the Far East and unfortunately due to a computer glitch or whatever the entire computer format of the book was accidentally whipped out and lost. Consequently, any thought of another publication is far more unlikely to ever happen (because it'd be so much more expensive to do) than if that glitch had not happened. So if you can get your hands on that book in an after-market think more seriously about it!

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 01:34:37 PM »
James,

For reference, more than five years ago I spent a few weeks trying to find a copy of the Philly book. Finally I found one for about $180.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it now go for closer to $300.
Tim Weiman

TEPaul

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 03:18:27 PM »
Just keep upping the offer boys and I might consider selling you mine! For a measly $199.99 right now from the first comer I'll even leave it to you in my will!   :)

Dave Maberry

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2004, 10:40:13 AM »
Here's info on 2 recent listings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6933269122

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7109201825

Wow, I picked up a copy on Ebay 2 years ago for ~ $10.

Dave Maberry :D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back