News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick_Mucci

Re:"Tin Cup" Leonard?
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2004, 09:46:07 PM »
Bill McBride, et. al.,

You guys must be young.

A "ballbeater" is a term that is akin to a "hacker", and not the computer kind.  The lack of understanding must be a generation gap, like hats on backwards.  ;D

Bill_McBride

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2004, 09:49:12 PM »
Well Pat, I'm 62, have been playing for 50 years, and have never heard the expression "ballbeater" before.  I'm figuring it's a perjorative, but what the hell?  Why not?

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2004, 09:57:36 PM »
Bill McBride,

You've led a sheltered life..... on the golf course. ;D

TEPaul

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2004, 10:34:14 PM »
"How are your neighbors on the main line, or in farm country ?
Are there any with vowels at the end of their names?"

Pat:

Funny you asked that. On one side of the farm here my fairly recent new neighbor is Buddy Marucci's ex-wife but she just changed her name to Barker!   ;)

On another side of me there's this humongous estate, one of the biggest in the Delaware Valley--around 550 acres. We were all worried as hell what would happen to it but our local conservation group worked over time on it and put conservation easements on it so it'll never be developed. The main section of it of around 150 acres with a mansion on it, stables, about ten other beautiful old houses, you name it sprinkled around the estate was just bought by this young movie director by the name of M. Night Shayamalan. His new movie, The Village, grossed 50 mil the first weekend out, so of course I'll be going over to see him soon to borrow 800 dollar for whiskey money!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 10:39:47 PM by TEPaul »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back