News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Phillips

Brauer's Book
« on: April 11, 2004, 11:04:20 AM »
I might have mentioned it before on here but you guys should check out Jeff Brauer's articles on www.cybergolf.com.

OK, Ok I am biased, I get on pretty well with Jeff and he helps whenever I ask for it but his writings soon to be put in a book are not only educational but also written with his usual dry sense of humour.

The thing I like about Jeff is that he repects the 'Golden Age' of design but also believes and understands that golf and design has evolved and you learn from that in his writings.

Brian.
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Jeff_Brauer

Re:Brauer's Book
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 12:34:16 PM »
Brian,

Your check is in the mail! ;)
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 08:19:59 PM »
Jeff,
Did you write your own the story titles.  Say it ain't so, Jeff.  ;D

I've read them all and enjoyed each one.
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Norbert P

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 03:45:21 AM »
 This'll take y'all directly to it...

http://www.cybergolf.com/brauersbook/  

Fun and educating stuff.  Not much on hockey architecture though.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 03:46:55 AM by Norbert Painter »
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 08:09:24 AM »
Jeff,
Did you write your own the story titles.  Say it ain't so, Jeff.  ;D

I've read them all and enjoyed each one.

The titles they put on Cybergolf come from them.  My columns come from questions by real people - like the recent question on using forced carries by Tad Short......BTW, I got a very similar question on the subject from Carrie Long......

There must be some crossover readership, since just after we discussed architects collaborating here, I got a question about just that from Sharon I. Diaz......... ;)
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 09:22:29 AM »
In a non-related topic (and I don't want to get into rankings here), but one of Mr. Brauer's gem's in Nebraska - Woodland Hills - was just given the 5-star award from Golf Digest's Places to Play. This is the first course in Nebraska to win the award and one of 16 nationally.

Congrats to Jeff and the fine staff at Woodland Hills for a job well done!  :D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back