News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

herrstein

Ron Whitten review of Black Creek
« on: July 28, 2001, 01:25:00 PM »
At the risk of being self-serving, I think the members of this discussion group would find the review of Black creek Club at golfdigest.com, under "course critic," to be interesting.
Ron was here to play the course last week.
I would be interested in other opinions as well, of course.

JSS

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2001, 01:37:00 PM »
On a scale of 1 to 10 he gives it a 9.

Johnny Thunders

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2001, 05:50:00 PM »
OK,

I have some questions. First, let me explain. I'm on the road for a bit and don't have access to a computer. Then, I come home and my roomates have spilled some sort of sticky substance that looks like a cross between Kraft Macaroni and Cheese and bong water on my keyboard rendering it useless until my friend Spike can fix it.After a week delay, she does for a pretty heft price. Once that happens I start cruising the back topics of my favorite site to see what I've missed.

I have a couple of questions about this post: Mr. Whitten gives Black Creek a nine. That sounds like a pretty good score to me. Does Mr. Whitten hand out many nines? If he doesn't, why haven't I heard more about this course? Who designed it? Can I get on it? Have GCAers played it and what do they think? (I could be in the neighborhood early next year and I'm wondering if it is worth playing.)

Sorry about all the questions. Thank you for the help.

Sincerely,

Johnny Thunders

John_Conley

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2001, 06:30:00 AM »
Thunder:

Go to Black Creek's site and you'll want to play there tomorrow.  You can get on, I believe they are hosting a qualifier for the U.S. Mid-Am.  Brian Silva.

It looks great.

Birdieboy

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2001, 09:43:00 AM »
Johnny Thunders.  Come on, do a little research before bothering us. At least read the review which tells you how to get on.

RW does not give many nines but he may be a bit biased since he is a student of classic architecture.  I'll be up front and admit  that I haven't played it but from 3 people that I know that have played it, a 9 might be a little much.  These 3 thought it was a 7 which is still very-very good.

Ran Morrissett

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2001, 09:49:00 AM »
I drove a total of 16 hours one weekend to go see it and I thought it was time well spent.

The course profile on this site should give you a good idea of whether or not you will like it.

Johnny Thunders

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2001, 01:11:00 PM »
Mr. Conley, Mr. Morrissett,

Thanks for your kind and helpful words.

Master Birdieboy,

I'm sorry to  have bothered you. One question. what the H...E...Double hockey sticks did you mean by this phrase, "he may be a bit biased since he is a student of classical architecture."

So if Whitten wasn't a student of classical architecture you would respect his view more? Does this mean we can't take seriously the opinions of those who are students of classical architecture? I'm so confused.

Calling Dr. Katz. Calling Dr. Katz. Help me. I feel like someone dropped a Marshall Plexi stack on my head.

Sincerely,

Johnny Thunders

herrstein

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2001, 03:15:00 PM »
Johnny,

As an interested participant in this site and the contractor and developer at Black Creek, I will happily host members of this site who are interested in playing Black Creek, or its "grandfather," Lookout Mountain, which is 15 minutes away.
Of course, I also have a day job, so call me to discuss my availability, or I can get you on if we can't work it out.
Since Black Creek owes its creation to my involvement with Brian Silva at Lookout Mountain, the two courses complement each other well, or at least that's my opinion.
You may reach me at herrstein@aol.com.
Yours-
Doug Stein

RJ_Daley

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2001, 03:25:00 PM »
Congrats Doug!  With everything we have seen in pics and write-ups, it appears you guys have a real winner on your hands.  I don't know how I'd ever be able to pass through that part of the country again without looking you up and asking to have a go on her...
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back