News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ran Morrissett

Geoff Shackelford's Art and Golf Design is now posted
« on: October 20, 2001, 05:08:00 PM »
Having seen Mike Miller at work for hours upon hours, Geoff is in the perfect position to draw analogies between artists and golf course architects.

The need for variety (of colors, subjects, etc.), the need to capture irregularities as presented in nature, and the need to use time as your friend are but a few of the similarities in the two professions.

Hope you enjoy this piece as a compliment to the Behr one that was posted on Wednesday. Both articles definitely make me think of golf course architecture in a somewhat different light than before.

Cheers,

aclayman

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2001, 06:50:00 PM »
Great piece!
I couldn't help but think of Griffith Park and how worthy a crusade it would be to fight city hall (or Rec. Dept.).
And the best piece of ammunition would be Miller's paintings and just let it linger in the air... what could be...?

brad_miller

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2001, 05:43:00 AM »
Geoff, thank you for your essay, Ran thank you for posting it. Have ordered a couple of copies of the new book, and look forward to having one of Mike's "prints" in my office.

John_D._Bernhardt

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2001, 06:59:00 PM »
wonderful!!!

Paul_Daley

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2001, 02:19:00 AM »
Ran:

Thank you for sharing Mike Miller's art
work with us. His quality and consistency
is remarkable, and I particulalry like his evocative skies and detailed bunkering.

T_MacWood

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2001, 02:28:00 AM »
Well done both the art and the essay. Based on the response I wonder if the correlation between golf and art is a difficult concept for the average golf architecture fan to grasp. Even so the book should do very well--everyone enjoys beautiful images.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back