News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Re:More Details on King's Putter III.
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2004, 09:23:19 AM »
Now that JakaB bailed, I need a grudge match partner my own self.  TigerB, do you want to strap on Shivas and Huckster once again?

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

THuckaby2

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2004, 09:26:09 AM »
Mike H. - I'd love to make that happen again as well.  My how our dance card is filling, shivas...

;D ;D ;D

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2004, 01:16:02 PM »
So is a Shivas/Huckaby vs Duran/Fortson match a go then for the Saturday morning round?

If so, I need to get my rear end over to Chelsea Piers to hit some balls.

I don't care what format we play but I'd prefer to play my own ball.  If it is decided differently then that's fine.  I would just feel bad for Lou who will be cleaning up my messes.

Jeff F.
#nowhitebelt

THuckaby2

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2004, 01:23:34 PM »
Jeff:

If setting up matches such as this is allowed, then it's a go!
But Dave might have other stuff in mind for us, so it's his call.  Same goes for format... One thing's for sure, the round Sat am will just have to go FAST.  Whatever's conducive to speed will be the order of the day.

I love NOT playing my own ball, btw and dig foursomes/chapman, etc - especially when we are gonna have several other cracks at the course... but shivas is of like mind with you... so maybe that will determine things!  We'll see.

Mike Benham

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2004, 01:30:24 PM »
I volunteer to be the sixth-man, the first one off the bench so to speak, as these Saturday morning matches as they begin at 7:00 AM which may come very early for the eastcoaster/mid-westerners or adult-beverage consumers ...

And yes, TH, David M. is the organizer ..
"... and I liked the guy ..."

THuckaby2

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2004, 01:34:01 PM »
And yes, TH, David M. is the organizer ..

Absolutely.  No suggestion otherwise.  Of course if he does need help setting up pairings, he knows where to - or not to depending on his interests - turn.

;D

TH

Lou_Duran

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2004, 01:54:02 PM »
Huck,

Sorry, but I too would prefer to play my own ball the first time around.  If the course is as "wide" as advertised, I promise that I won't hold play up (under 4 hours if not held up).  However, if Captain Moriarty deems appropriate to do something else, it is his "gig".  Another possiblity is a two-man scramble, which still keeps everybody involved hitting 70+ shots.

THuckaby2

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2004, 01:55:30 PM »
Hey, it's all good by me and it's up to the organizer.

I just may be in the wrong group with all you rugged individualists.   ;D

TH

Lou_Duran

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2004, 02:07:00 PM »
Huck,

"I am a reformed wuss and now want that battle!"

Well, which is it, have you or have you not?  It sure sounds like more therapy is in order.

Rugged individualist?  Moi?  I am just thinking that my partner may not have much fun if he has to extricate the team from the places where I normally hit the ball.  You see, it is not at all a question of selfishness or ego, but my concern for the well-being of my fellow man.  (Actually, for the past few weeks, Jeff scares me! ;))

THuckaby2

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2004, 02:14:39 PM »
More therapy is definitely in order.  ;D

I just do so love to play these partners' games...and so rarely get a chance to do so, especially with good players...

So please do understand I am not shirking the battle, just wistfully wishing that I ruled the world.

;D

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2004, 02:40:04 PM »
Tom,

I love alternate shot format and the like.  Just having never played Rustic makes me want to experience it on my own ball the first time or two.  But, if we play alt. shot or pinehurst then fine.  Personally, I just want to play some friggin' golf.

Jeff F.
#nowhitebelt

THuckaby2

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2004, 03:04:21 PM »
No hassles here, Jeff.  I can certainly understand wanting the first crack to be "pure."  I'm sure it will all work out just fine.

See ya soon!

TH

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2004, 06:03:53 PM »
Can't wait to play!

Here is a little of what we're in for from greenskeeper.org .....

Jeff F.

#nowhitebelt

sonofalawyer

« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2004, 07:02:33 PM »
i am new to this site (my 2nd post ever), and i love the insights and the banter on here.  i play rustic as my home course.  if you all are interested, i have some pretty amazing pre/post fire photos from rustic.  if someone can tell me how to post them, i'd be glad to share them.

Brian_Gracely

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2004, 02:34:18 PM »
Just bringing this back to the top as the calendar has rolled around to March and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss any requests for $$ or other details that might have been posted in other threads.  

Bill_McBride

« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2004, 06:42:19 PM »
Good point, Brian.  Professor Moriarity, when are the checks due?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back