News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Ted Kramer

Re:Welcome to Jim Sullivan our newest member
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2004, 03:37:20 PM »
I'm not sure how much longer I can hold up under this heated interrogation ::) but I am enjoying it so far.  :)

We should start a new thread called "hot seat" . . .
one member is on the "hot seat" while everyone else fires questions at him, quick answers are expected. . .

-Ted

Pete Buczkowski

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2004, 03:39:25 PM »
Jim,

All you need to do is start a family feud thread and you will be a senior member by the end of the day, regardless of your typing speed - as if this welcome/hazing thread isn't enough to put you over the top.

You know you've been at GCA.com too long if you start to write with ellipses...or continually talk about the breadth of courses you plaaaay...or you can recite the whole Big World Theory (which BTW I like a lot)...  Just be sure to stay away from any Fazio comments until at least your second day.  ;)

I think you picked a great day to join - 2 great trip summations and many other entertaining threads on the board already - good thing its Friday afternoon.

Welcome,
Pete
 ;D

JESII

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2004, 03:42:59 PM »
Would you play the hole at all differently if you needed a 3 as opposed to needing a 5?

Because I've not been there I need to know, is there a minimum distance needed off the tee to get around the corner to a point where you can see the green even if you are not able to reach the green? In other words If I were to hit an iron off the tee directly at the trees through the right side fairway, how far would I have to hit it to be able to see the middle of the green? Also, how far are those same trees from the tee?

Jim

tonyt

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2004, 03:44:17 PM »
How can there be a defense for wayward shots at the green in this modern aerial era where guys can fire even mid and long irons into the sky and still stop them

A reflection of the irrigated golf course nation you live in?

In the UK and Australia, there are many many places to play where wrong line in means far less margin for stopping a mid iron, no matter who you are.

JESII

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2004, 03:48:21 PM »
Tony,

Thanks for getting (or at least attempting to get) this thread back to a point of interest, and you share my sentiments exactly. In my opinion that should be penalty enough. No need to force someone to hack out of deep rough if they have a very difficult, although possibe, chance at par from a less than ideal tee shot.

Jim

JESII

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2004, 03:55:54 PM »
Look at that, my sub-heading has already changed to Jr. Member.

Dave,

No worries here, I can take the heat 8). And Tom Paul may have been right about my answering the 'angles' question turning this into a 5 page thread. A couple of interesting subjects though, my only problem is how do you get any work done once you get going on one of these?

Jim

JESII

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2004, 03:57:37 PM »
Would you play the hole at all differently if you needed a 3 as opposed to needing a 5?of course

Because I've not been there I need to know, is there a minimum distance needed off the tee to get around the corner to a point where you can see the green even if you are not able to reach the green? don't know, but it appears that it's probably about 220ishIn other words If I were to hit an iron off the tee directly at the trees through the right side fairway, how far would I have to hit it to be able to see the middle of the green? Also, how far are those same trees from the tee?the trees appear to be about 260, uphill off the tee; that's why dreaded straight balls always end up in the trees

Jim

There's your answer as to your options question.

Brian_Gracely

« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2004, 03:59:10 PM »
Look at that, my sub-heading has already changed to Jr. Member.

Dave,

No worries here, I can take the heat 8). And Tom Paul may have been right about my answering the 'angles' question turning this into a 5 page thread. A couple of interesting subjects though, my only problem is how do you get any work done once you get going on one of these?

Jim

Same as crack.....you first try and quit cold turkey, and then eventually you find that the only real solution is intense rehab.  Give it a few months before you fill out the GCA'ers Anonymous paperwork...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 03:59:31 PM by Brian_Gracely »

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2004, 04:03:42 PM »
Two last easy ones for Dave:

During the opening montage for the movie, a picture is shown, directly taken from another movie.  Name it.

Name the poet Melon quotes while studying in the "Halloween" house.

"I'd love to go with you, but I've got a class right now."

"Well, why don't you come and see me some time when you have no class."

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2004, 04:16:48 PM »
You're gonna sh!t.  It was a pic of Rodney playing golf (as Al)from Caddyshack.

PAW13

« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2004, 05:50:48 PM »
Well Sully little did you know what you were getting into when you joined in.  I have to admit I was very lucky and did not have to go thru any of this hazing.  Maybe it because TP left me alone.

By the way the easiest way to get work done is easy.  Only log on every now and then.  That way you don't get caught up.  I am good for once every so often, obviously more in the winter time.  

Looking forward to having you back in the Amateur ranks next summer.

By the congrats to you and Kate on number 3.

Chet Walsh

JESII

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2004, 06:13:27 PM »
Thanks Chet,

I hear fatherhood has found you as well. Unfortunately I have one more summer sitting on my hands, Sept 1, 2005 is the day.

Sully

JSlonis

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2004, 09:50:03 AM »
Sully,

Welcome aboard!  Sorry I missed your initial hazing, and sorry to hear you're stuck in "golf purgatory" until Sept 1, 2005.  It'll be good for Philly Amateur golf to have you back.

Happy Holiday's,
Jamie

Kelly Blake Moran

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2004, 10:23:20 AM »
Now that I think I have figured out who Jim is, it is safe for me to interject and say that the most important aspect about Jim is that he is the brother of probably the finest shaper with whom I have had the pleasure to work, Dave Sullivan.  He was the lead guy at Lederach Golf Club, and the person I mainly worked with day in and day out, and what a great experience it was working with him.  Everyone here will always be enamoured with the big names and their sidekicks and guys like Dave will probably always toil in obscruity but that is just the way things are and there is no use in worrying about it except to take the opportunity to throw a little recognition to Dave who is someone that you could take to the moon to do a course and know he will get it done, and that is what matters.  

JESII

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2004, 11:11:13 AM »
Kelly

I'll be sure to pass those sentiments on to Dave. He is actually my uncle but my fathers name is Jim as well and discusses Dave's projects with him frequently and is occasionally on site poking his nose around so it was an easy mistake.

Jim

p.s. keep Dave in mind.

TEPaul

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2004, 11:17:42 AM »
Kelly:

I heard that too about Dave Sullivan as a great shaper. Heard it down at Hidden Crieek from Doug Frazier of all people. I have a feeling Dave Sullivan was right there with him because some guy sure did look like young Jim's Dad's brother. Or was it young Jim's uncle' first cousin once removed. When I see a family tree or hear someone try to describe a family's relationship to one another I tend to TILT!

JakaB

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2004, 11:19:06 AM »
Jim,

Is your dad the Jim Sullivan who wrote A Gay Guy's Guide to Dating and Romance...

JESII

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2004, 11:25:37 AM »
JBK

Good pull, or should I say push.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Boyfriend 101 : A Gay Guy's Guide to Dating, Romance, and Finding True Love
Click here to compare prices for this book from 70 stores  
Author:  JIM SULLIVAN  
ISBN:  0812992199
a two second google search brought this up.

Not my father, sorry to say or I could get you a signed copy because clearly you must be a fan.  :-* :-*

Jim

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2004, 11:38:46 AM »
Man, I have a good retort for that, but I'll refrain....

JakaB

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2004, 11:41:06 AM »
I like the gay crusader more than the country music singer...my fav just might be the famous rugby player....Jim Sullivan is a cool google search...I remember when people first found out my real name someone posted this pic of a guy much better looking than me....
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 11:44:01 AM by John B. Kavanaugh »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back