News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ANTHONYPIOPPI

Re:The New GCA: Some Suggestions
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 05:48:58 PM »
Hey Slag, or should I say Debbie Downer, get the hell off of my thread with your rambling seriousness. You have something important to say, go say it somewheres else. Jesus.

Anthony

Norbert P

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 06:18:10 PM »
 Sorry. I don't know what came over me to be so sardonic. Perhaps I subconsciously read some Dostoevsky somewhere.
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2007, 06:57:45 PM »
Slag:

"I declare to you solemnly that I've wished to become and insect many times."
--Dostoevsky

Anthony

Brad Klein

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2007, 06:58:55 PM »
Sounds more like Kafka's "Metamorphosis."

Dan Kelly

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 07:12:17 PM »
Barbara Kafka? The food writer?

Good name for a cookbook, eh? "Metamorphosis"?
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Norbert P

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2007, 07:21:18 PM »
Or, perhaps, 'Naked Lunch', which made Billy Burroughs an 'underground' celebrity.  (oy)
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Jason McNamara

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2007, 01:28:10 AM »
Anthony, you left out one thread:

MY TEASE IS...  for all the annoying teaser threads that don't indicate the subject matter in the thread title.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:28:24 AM by Jason McNamara »

Tim Bert

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2007, 01:40:03 AM »
How about HOLIER THAN THOU?

For everyone that protests the OT threads but still reads them and perhaps occasionally participates on the "good" OT threads...

For everyone that loves to diss anyone that says anything positive about Doak as a butt-boy because it makes one look like a rebel, but still loves his work...

For everyone that has ever accessed a course using rater status and vents about access-trolling on GCA...

For everyone that has ever taken a shot at another on this site for a petty offense...

We could all find a happy home on this portion of the new GCA.  The "review last 50 posts" function would be particularly useful to help find nominees for membership.  

JMorgan

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2007, 09:35:43 AM »
The HEY KOOL-AID category:  only if Jim's UP on the Hill sub-category doesn't catch on.  (Also a viable stand-in for a few of the other categories.)

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2007, 12:13:06 PM »
JM:

Man, what a great idea. We're going to go with it. And thanks for the love, man.

Tim:

Don't be bitter. This is a happy thread.

Jason:

I'm liking your idea as well

Kafka, Burroughs, Dostoevsky? Maybe we should have a topic titled LIBRARY where only literature is discussed?

Anthony

Tim Bert

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2007, 12:20:57 PM »
Bitter?  Are you the only one allowed to poke fun?  Clearly some mis-read your comments here.  Ironic that you mis-read mine.  I'm happy.

Don't worry.  There's a spot reserved for you in HOLIER THAN THOU as well.

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2007, 12:28:42 PM »
I mis-read? Dammit, I have to stop posting when I'm this hungover.

Holier than Thou? Me? Just because I fart in the faces of other people's gods does not make me holier than thou, does it? I fart in the face of my gods as well.

Anthony

Norbert P

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2007, 01:05:28 PM »

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2007, 01:07:34 PM »
ReTreads- for topics making their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, onandonandon............appearances.

HorseCreek- for those posters who continually change the parameters of a thread mid-stream to feign omniscience. Could also be known as CYAor "W".

SoooLoooooooong- any topic that includes...well, this heading is self explanatory.
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Noel Freeman

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2007, 11:07:08 AM »
YALE: From the front tier of the Biarritz to the Roger Rulewich bunkers, this topic deserves its own place in GCA Nation. Even if Charles Blair Macdonald climbed out of his pine box Geoffrey Childs is the only one qualified to moderate. Noel Freeman’s job will be to occasionally egg him on.

Tony- How dare you accuse me of shilling or egging on Childs.. I hate the good dr.. He's ruined my marriage and my livelyhood.

Go Fight the Power Tony
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 11:08:59 AM by Noel Freeman »

Bill_McBride

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2007, 12:33:39 PM »
I hate the good dr.. He's ruined my marriage and my livelyhood.

Inquiring minds want to know the details!  :o

Noel Freeman

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2007, 12:44:56 PM »
Bill-

He's a slanderous, malicious fellow who like Don Quixote sees windmills and enemies everywhere he goes.. Being under 5'8 and slight of frame, he has a Napoleanic complex second to none and yet can barely hit the ball more than 220 yards..  Frankly, he's a shill for many architects here as well.  ;D

I consider myself removed from his cabal.  DIVORCED :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 12:46:38 PM by Noel Freeman »

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2007, 12:46:28 PM »
Bill:

Inquiring minds may want to know. Sane minds do not.

Anthony

dsilk

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2007, 12:56:02 PM »
hmmm...
kafka, burroghs and dovstoevsky

wasnt that the checking line the nordiques matched up against the whalers in the playoffs?

Franz kafka: burly left winger out of moose jaw (approx. 100 miles northeast of mooses ass)

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2007, 01:05:47 PM »
Dostoevsky -- Candy-ass Russian right wing adept at slashing superior players when the ref's back is turned, then dashing for the bench to let the team goon clean up the mess.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2007, 01:06:52 PM »
Silk:

Yes, that's the right Kafka.

Bill Burroughs, played for the Brandon Wheat Kings if I remember correctly.

I think you may want to enlighten the thread about what Childs did at Newport to ruin Freeman's game and marriage, keeping in mind this is a family site.

Anthony

dsilk

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2007, 02:30:13 PM »
what happens in newport, stays in newport.....

Geoffrey Childs

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2007, 02:42:23 PM »
Bill-

He's a slanderous, malicious fellow who like Don Quixote sees windmills and enemies everywhere he goes.. Being under 5'8 and slight of frame, he has a Napoleanic complex second to none and yet can barely hit the ball more than 220 yards..  Frankly, he's a shill for many architects here as well.  ;D

I consider myself removed from his cabal.  DIVORCED :)

Sweetheart - You can't afford a divorce. You should know that our marriage came up at our family dinner last night. I don't think my parents quite understood but my fiance was none too pleased that I had more travel plans requiring a passport with you then I did with her!

Surely in your description above you mistook me for someone else  ;)  Kill, fight and torment the enemy
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 02:48:57 PM by GJChilds »

Geoffrey Childs

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2007, 02:44:22 PM »

Silky - That bouquet of roses was left there in honor of Pioppi gracing the grounds again. It had nothing to do with me and Noel.  I think Pioppi left them another case of autographed books the week before.

Noel Freeman

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2007, 03:05:35 PM »

Silky - That bouquet of roses was left there in honor of Pioppi gracing the grounds again. It had nothing to do with me and Noel.  I think Pioppi left them another case of autographed books the week before.

Silky- You werent there for the post match dustup at the restaurant Pioppi took us to.. We couldnt get a table and Tony said, I'm a famous author, "Surely you must have a table for me!".. When they asked what book and looked it up on Amazon, we were taken thru the kitchen and seated outside in chairs that only a 2nd grader could put their areses in.. To make insult even worse to injury, there were 2 dishwashers out there who didnt speak English and were sharing a cigarrette.. One of them kept looking at Tony and calling him "Grumete" which I belive is Spanish for pirate.  Tony, its time to take that earring out, you are over 40!

And you Childs!  I've already put you on Deal's no play American list.. This list is bullet proof and as good as Nixon's dirty trick list.  I declare a FATWA on Dr. Childs except for us defending the Yale Opening Tournament in which he is my amigo!  I know he'll defend the ground game at Yale.. Geoffrey, GO, LETS FIGHT AND WIN OUR TITLE AGAIN

« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 03:13:28 PM by Noel Freeman »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back