News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Chris Cupit

Re:Atlanta/Word has it..
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 03:00:30 PM »
I can be there.  Is Charlie, Mike's partner, gonna be there?  If so, everyone might want to get their food orders in early while there is still food left! ;D

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2006, 09:29:25 AM »
Bump.

Looking forward to this tonight.  Tough weather, though, for a visit to GA by the left-coast electrician.  High today in the 40's with big wind, then down to 19 tonight and tomorrow night.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

RJ_Daley

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 11:02:16 AM »
After y'all toughen and harden the electrician up to that chill, send him north and we'll really deep freeze him.  Nice timing tommy!  ::) ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 03:30:54 PM »
Got off the plane this morning, looking for my ride only to find out he was stillsome 20 miles down the road--the SOB made me wait outside in the freezing cold (50 deg F.) until he got there, and then  wouldn't turnthe heater on from Coldlanta to some hayseed/hick college town called Athens...

So were driving down thru downtown Athens, and the SOB has his window down, and I'm freezing my gajobees off, and all of a sudden some football coach--pre-Dooley sees Mike and waves him down  and starts screaming hello. It was famed Georgia Bulldog coach, Jim Donnan.

I don't think I've ever met someone that knows more peope then Mike Young. Believe me when I say this, they all know him too!

Gary Daughters

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 03:53:30 PM »

Mike Young is a force of nature.  I'd never seen warmup routine that included juggling three conversations plus one on his cellphone.  All in about 3 minutes.

THE NEXT SEVEN:  Alfred E. Tupp Holmes Municipal Golf Course, Willi Plett's Sportspark and Driving Range, Peachtree, Par 56, Browns Mill, Cross Creek, Piedmont Driving Club

BCrosby

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2006, 04:39:07 PM »
This is the deal with Mike. He knows everyone you know and knows everyone you don't know but have head of. ;D

I'm not exaggerating.

Bob

TaylorA

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2006, 04:49:02 PM »
I wish I could make it, but I've got a prior commitment. Hopefully you guys will do this again in the not too distant future as I'd really like to get in on the discussion!

Tim Copeland

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2006, 10:19:38 AM »
Any word from the summit??
I need a nickname so I can tell all that I know.....

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2006, 10:43:39 AM »

A very nice evening, though it was tough for the attendees to get there through one of the worst rush hour meltdowns that Atlanta has seen, due to a MARTA bus fire at I-285 and I-85, aka Malfunction Junction.  We ended up with 7 or so there; our waitress took a picture with Mike Young's camera which may or may not get posted.

Mike took Tommy to see Long Shadow yesterday, and I'll let Tommy post his impressions, which are more than favorable.  I think they're looking at Cuscowilla and maybe the new Engh course today, though it is too cold to play.  I'm not sure what the rest of Tommy's trip includes.

On a personal note, I really enjoyed listening to Tommy and Bob Crosby talking to each other.  I had less than nothing to add, but learned a lot.  The two of them know amazing quantities of stuff; read their posts carefully.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Mike_Young

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2006, 11:17:32 AM »
This is the deal with Mike. He knows everyone you know and knows everyone you don't know but have head of. ;D

I'm not exaggerating.

Bob

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT WHEN YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON I KNOW WITH A HILLARY NUDE HANGING OVER YOUR CREDENZA.....YOU HAD TO KNOW SOMEBODY.....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Mike_Young

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2006, 11:19:24 AM »

A very nice evening, though it was tough for the attendees to get there through one of the worst rush hour meltdowns that Atlanta has seen, due to a MARTA bus fire at I-285 and I-85, aka Malfunction Junction.  We ended up with 7 or so there; our waitress took a picture with Mike Young's camera which may or may not get posted.

Mike took Tommy to see Long Shadow yesterday, and I'll let Tommy post his impressions, which are more than favorable.  I think they're looking at Cuscowilla and maybe the new Engh course today, though it is too cold to play.  I'm not sure what the rest of Tommy's trip includes.

On a personal note, I really enjoyed listening to Tommy and Bob Crosby talking to each other.  I had less than nothing to add, but learned a lot.  The two of them know amazing quantities of stuff; read their posts carefully.
I sent the photo to Tommy computer...."quantities of stuff" can be taken to mean so many things....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2006, 11:41:14 AM »

I sent the photo to Tommy computer...."quantities of stuff" can be taken to mean so many things....

Mike,
I should have qualified "stuff" to mean "good stuff" and that what was learned reflected that.  I realize now that I left that a bit too open to interpretation. :)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2006, 11:47:12 AM »

I'm not exaggerating.

Bob

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT WHEN YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON I KNOW WITH A HILLARY NUDE HANGING OVER YOUR CREDENZA.....YOU HAD TO KNOW SOMEBODY.....

Thanks a lot, Mike, I just spit hot coffee all over my desk!

Tommy_Naccarato

A Georgia Chain Gang
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2006, 12:10:13 PM »
The motliest group of confederates this side of the Mason-Dixon....

(except me, of course!)

RJ_Daley

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2006, 12:30:46 PM »
A fine looking group to call to share a table.  Tommy, I never knew you could look so.... Southern.  ;) ;D  I'm surprised those true "Sons of the South" let a carpet bagger like you into supper.  Is there some reason there is so much "Coke" on the table? ::)  Where is the Pinot?

I don't think I've ever met someone that knows more people then Mike Young. Believe me when I say this, they all know him too!

funny... my wife said that about you when you gave us the OJ night of terror tour in L.A.  It's good to be the King...  Y'all have fun now! ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Gary Daughters

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2006, 01:00:11 PM »

Next time I hire a baby-sitter who doesn't have a 930 curfew.

Tommy and Bob were just cranking up when I had to bail.  Painful, painful.
THE NEXT SEVEN:  Alfred E. Tupp Holmes Municipal Golf Course, Willi Plett's Sportspark and Driving Range, Peachtree, Par 56, Browns Mill, Cross Creek, Piedmont Driving Club

Brock Peyer

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2006, 09:02:09 AM »
I really enjoyed the evening and opportunity to get to know some of the treehouse.  It was clearly apparent that Tommy and Bob have both forgotten more about GCA than I will ever know.  The conversation ranged from Scotland to California to Bill Murray to rap music and bullriding, unfortunately I added absolutely nothing to the converstation.  It was a fun evening and great food (she did forget my mashed potatoes, oh well)  It was good to place some faces with some names and opinions.
Tommy, I hope that you are enjoying Georgia and are having a productive trip, come back soon.  I am curious to know who else you run into as Mike's sidekick for the weekend.  Someone should really do a reality show as a day in the life of Mike Young, it would sell.  

Tim Copeland

Re:A Georgia Chain Gang
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2006, 10:51:29 PM »
The motliest group of confederates this side of the Mason-Dixon....

(except me, of course!)

I wish I had Photoshop skills...Beulah needs to be in the pic
I need a nickname so I can tell all that I know.....

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2006, 10:57:11 PM »
She is, you just can't see her. ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back