News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Pazin

Re:Linda Hartough
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006, 05:30:18 PM »
I personally am a fan of all artists, if not necessarily their art....

I'm also partial to the illustrations - some washes, some drawings, etc. - that accompany Paul Daley's tomes, done by Barry King. You can see his artwork here:

Barry King's golf art on Paul Daley's site
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Mike_Young

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2006, 09:06:01 PM »
I have been collecting her prints for a few years and I appreciate her work.  In no way would I consider her a Kincade....  yes her prints have been a commercial success for her ......now if theyhad not would she have been considered differently.....probably......
I will continue to buy her work.....
And Tommy N....if you ever get down this way I will show you my velvet Elvis.....that is art....but also check out this guy   www.matregallery.com  Steve Penley...I just had him do a hogan for me ....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006, 09:45:51 PM »
Senor Miguel,
If I'm going to take the time to study any velvet Elvis it is going to have to be one with the King is dressed as a matador being swarmed by naked women with huge breastuses.

I imagine if I continue, I could steal a line from Darwin about drinking their liquor, sleeping with their woman, even talking about their golf courses, but never, never EVER put down their art! ;D

Brad Klein

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2006, 09:47:36 PM »
My wife, a keen student of all things cultural, has this whole thing down perfectly.

"Golf art," she says, dismissively. "More golf than art."
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 04:14:21 AM by Brad Klein »

ForkaB

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 02:32:39 AM »
Doctor Klein

Hmmmm.

What does your wife say about GCA?  "More Golf Courses than Architecture?" :)

Emperor Naccarato

It was Longhurst whose quote you were stealing/paraphrasing.

Brad Klein

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 04:11:27 AM »
As for Ran's Website, the eminently quotable Dr. Klein (that's her, I mean) says, "Oh, GCA. I thought you were working."

john_stiles

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 10:08:24 AM »
As an Art Digest rater and member of the Picasso Society,  I find her art enjoyable.

Of course, I like almost all art.

My only issue regarding her art is that I find you cannot hang more than one Hartough in a room.

Other than that, her website says that two of her originals formerly displayed at ANGC are for sale at $85,000 each, or $160k for both.

Matt MacIver

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »
As an Art Digest rater and member of the Picasso Society,  I find her art enjoyable.

I wonder if they're critically discussing Arthur Hill's work on the PicassoSociety.com website's DG?  

john_stiles

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2006, 11:46:49 AM »
Possibly, but not as much as at other sites  ;)

While my preference is Mike Miller, I enjoy much of the golf 'art' including Hartough, Reed, Baxter, et al.

If I could ever get my money back from my non-GCA Coheleach's,  I could frame a Hartough or two.

My favorite book for GCA, tourist information, and golf 'art'work is the book, Following the Fairways.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back