News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Flemma

Re:John Fought's Work at Pine Needles
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2006, 08:36:24 PM »
I really enjoyed the course too...alot more then mid-pines.  I like the finish especially, even though I dont hit a draw well:)

Brent Hutto

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2006, 08:42:54 PM »
I like the finish especially, even though I dont hit a draw well:)

I got a lefty slice you can have if you want it.

Mike_Young

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2006, 11:55:42 PM »
Michael Fay:

If the DRS was involved with the decision to hire John Fought for this effort, do you think they/you would have hired him on the basis that he had no experience with Ross work and that as you say, " it was the first restoration that John attempted"?

It would seem...as long as one is competent and does their homework, that by gollie it can work and work very well.  The apparent prerequisite and well earned experience by those who have done Ross work is not really necessary.  Though on the other hand being smart enough to do your homework, doesn't necessarilly mean you are going to get an 'A' on your report card.  One can only hope...I applaud John and his design associate/researcher for doing what sounds like fine work and look forward to other non-Ross experienced architects achieving similar results given the opportunity.
While the DRS may say they don't recommend...there is an article in a publication this past week where the owner says they gave him a list of 6 architects.  And that is not to say that those six were not qualified.  I will continue to state that the DRS has no business being involved with any restoration in anyway other than as an archives and a fan club.  JMO
Mike
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back