News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JNC Lyon

Sitwell Park
« on: November 03, 2003, 08:58:21 PM »
I was recently looking through a copy of The Links, and I noticed the picture of the shelved green at Sitwell Park's #18. I was wondering if this hole still existed. Anyone played it ?
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Andy Levett

Re:Sitwell Park
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 05:22:00 AM »
The owner ordered the greens toned down soon after it opened.  There's some modern pics on this thread. It's still there... sort of
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=800;start=msg16236#msg16236

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 09:40:23 AM »
JNC:  The famous 18th green was long gone long ago.

We have recently built a green at Barnbougle Dunes in Tasmania which we've dubbed "Sitwell Park" because it has some of the character of that photo.  It's been planted, and hopefully I can bring back a picture when I return from my next trip in December.

I think this one is safe from being torn up anytime soon, although Greg Ramsay is not its biggest supporter.

Dan Kelly

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 11:53:43 AM »
We have recently built a green at Barnbougle Dunes in Tasmania which we've dubbed "Sitwell Park" because it has some of the character of that photo.  It's been planted, and hopefully I can bring back a picture when I return from my next trip in December.

I think this one is safe from being torn up anytime soon, although Greg Ramsay is not its biggest supporter.

Tom Doak --

You just let Mr. Ramsay know that whoever tears up that green is going to be known here, for all eternity, as "The Butcher of Barnbougle." (Either that, or "The Tasmanian Devil.")

Put the fear of gca.com in 'im!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2003, 11:54:32 AM by Dan Kelly »
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

JohnV

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 03:54:43 PM »
I've often felt that the 17th green at Bandon Dunes was the green that looked the most like #18 at Sitwell Park that I've seen.  I look forward to seeing the one from Barnboogle.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back