News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JNC Lyon

Two Bandon Dunes Questions
« on: December 14, 2007, 08:22:58 PM »
1) What is the weather like in mid-March?

2) How does one go about playing the Sheep Ranch?
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

David Botimer

Re:Two Bandon Dunes Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 09:10:37 PM »
1) What is the weather like in mid-March?

2) How does one go about playing the Sheep Ranch?

1.  Still a good chance of rain with over 7 inches on average, vs. the rainiest months Nov - Jan each over 9 inches.  Wind should be less than peak of summer though.

2.  Last I knew you contacted Bandon Golf Supply, paid them directly and they arranged your meeting with the course superintendent to open the gate and give you a scorecard, etc.  (541) 347-1636, owners Jon or Steve will be very helpful.

Resort caddies can work out there, but there is no resort transportation for you or caddie to the course so make sure you have that coordinated.  The only time I caddied there the players were transported by one of the local limousine services.  My player was VERY upset about the $75 taxi ride of about 3 miles.

rjsimper

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 09:11:06 PM »
1 - Hit or miss...just like any other time of the year - it could be 65 and sunny or it could be 41 and rain/wind.  I've been in February and in April and both times had their share of miserable days and their share of spectacular ones.

2 - Call Bandon Golf Supply and ask them.  You call the Sheep Ranch master and he hopefully shows up to open the gate.  You give him money and then go have fun.  Just make sure he's not planning on fishing that day (I think weekends are off limits)

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 10:22:34 AM »
I have been there several times in mid-March.  There was one day where it was really too nasty to play.  Most days have had some showers on and off, just like Irish weather, and it's nearly always been in the 50s.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 06:22:48 PM »
One note re Sheep Ranch.  The gatekeeper failed to show as scheduled my only time there and could not be reached by phone.  No big whup as another round at Trails was more than consolation.

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

rjsimper

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 08:54:34 PM »
One note re Sheep Ranch.  The gatekeeper failed to show as scheduled my only time there and could not be reached by phone.  No big whup as another round at Trails was more than consolation.

Mike

There was, however, another option Mr. Hendren :D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back