News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JSlonis

Totally OT- Philadelphia Area Guys, Wine Tasting
« on: August 24, 2007, 01:00:59 PM »
I know there are some guys who were interested in this before, so I thought I'd post it here.

I'm planning on getting together a group of guys who are interested in attending a "Wine Tasting".  A friend of mine, Luca Mazzotti, is the founding owner of West Park Imports and is willing to lend his expertise and time to host a nice event.

Here is a link to his company's website:

http://westparkwine.com/

Luca is extraordinary when it comes to finding small production, outstanding Italian wines, and time spent with him at one of his tastings is both very fun and educational.

He has an open date of Thurs. Aug 30th, late afternoon.  If anyone in the Philly area would like to attend, please send me a PM, or reply in this thread, so I can get a head count.  Depending on interest , I can put something together no problem.  If that date is not feasible, perhaps we can arrange another time. There is no charge to attend.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Jamie
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 08:32:10 AM by JSlonis »

Wayne_Kozun

Re:Totally OT- Philadelphia Area Wine Tasting
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 03:16:27 PM »
I didn't know the Philadelphia area produced wines. ;)

JSlonis

Re:Totally OT- Philadelphia Area Wine Tasting
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 06:43:09 PM »
I didn't know the Philadelphia area produced wines. ;)

It doesn't...but it has a great company that imports some very good vino. ;D

wsmorrison

Re:Totally OT- Philadelphia Area Guys, Wine Tasting
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 06:55:52 PM »
Jamie,

I look forward to joining you and Luca.  

Wayne,

Between Luca and Greg Moore (and David), Philadelphia has two of the best importers in the country demanding superb shipping and storing practices.  When you come back to Philadelphia, we'll have a sampling of their wares.

JSlonis

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 07:39:07 PM »
Wayne,

Glad you can make it.  It'll be a good time.

Michael Christensen

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 07:42:28 PM »
being in the wine business, the importer may demand superb shipping and storing practices, but the wholesaler and retailer may be another matter......we have refrigerated trucks, but there are several wholesalers in Atlanta who run around town all day with a full load and NO refrigeration....can you say COOKED Brunello di Montalcino!

It better be 60 degress or less from winery to my table or I am not interested.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 07:46:17 PM »
Yesterday's Montepulciano d'Abruzzo with dinner at Vittorio's pre-show was divine...

Hurrah for the Edinburgh Festival. You boys REALLY should schedule your Scottish visits around OOR KULTCHUR!

The Links ain't all we're about....

:-*
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Dan Boerger

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 08:53:37 AM »
Jamie - Generally a very strong interest in things wine related, but just too jammed this week.

One of the "good" things about living here in the people's republic of Pennsylvania and the state controlled wine stores is that there are a plethora of very fine BYOBs. Even my golf club has a BYOB night.

"Man should practice moderation in all things, including moderation."  Mark Twain

JSlonis

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 10:39:23 PM »
Thanks to Tom, Wayne & Doug for attending.  I hope a good time was had by all.  If possible, I'd like to plan on putting together another outing sometime this fall.

Salute'.

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 10:44:01 PM »
Thanks to Tom, Wayne & Doug for attending.  I hope a good time was had by all.  If possible, I'd like to plan on putting together another outing sometime this fall.

Salute'.

Jamie,

Does this mean I won't get any serious answers to my questions to Tom Paul tonight???  ;)

Seriously, if you have another event, I'd love to attend as we get further into the fall.

There's just been too much going on as summer comes to a sad close and school begins.

Please give me a shout next time.

Best Regards,
Mike

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back