News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

archie_struthers

deal cc....nj shore
« on: July 26, 2007, 11:30:03 AM »
 :o :o ;D

Played a meber guest yesterday at Deal CC ....What a change from three years ago.  

Deal is an old style course that was redone by Donald Ross, its member friendly...a little tight in spots,, but was absolutely a treat to play yesterday

They have ripped out trees everywhere...dried up wet spots...put just the right amount of fescue in to give some great visuals ....and the golf course conditions are fabulous

nice to see them moving their club in such a positive direction

if you get a chance visit them. do so .if you are returning after a number of years ..it's a real eye opener

David_Tepper

Re:deal cc....nj shore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 01:25:49 PM »
Archie -

Glad to hear Deal is looking good. With Hollywood GC just across the road, that is a pretty good one, two punch.

DT  

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 01:40:06 PM »
Does anyone have any photographs of Deal, NJ ?? RCPGC, Deal, Kent has a good relationship with our US counterpart.
Cave Nil Vino

DTaylor18

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 02:01:40 PM »
I have never played Deal, but I played Hollywood yesterday with Mike Sweeney and a GCA lurker and had a great time.  If Deal is anywhere as good as Hollywood, that is a great spot for golf.

Noel Freeman

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 02:11:16 PM »
I have never played Deal, but I played Hollywood yesterday with Mike Sweeney and a GCA lurker and had a great time.  If Deal is anywhere as good as Hollywood, that is a great spot for golf.

Dan- I assure you I will do everything in my power to make sure you don't play the real Deal in the UK ;D I've got to keep one destination safe from the Taylor Magical Mystery tour.. You are everywhere, you've got better coverage than Geico

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 08:38:28 PM »
Dan Taylor,

How was Mike Sweeney driving the ball ?

Hollywood's green complexes may be the best or top 5 in the state.

Deal is a sporty course, fun to play.
Hollywood is a little more demanding.

Both enjoy a good breeze.

I'm glad to hear that another club is embarking on a tree removal program.

DTaylor18

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 10:55:38 PM »
Dan Taylor,

How was Mike Sweeney driving the ball ?

Hollywood's green complexes may be the best or top 5 in the state.

Deal is a sporty course, fun to play.
Hollywood is a little more demanding.

Both enjoy a good breeze.

I'm glad to hear that another club is embarking on a tree removal program.

Pat, Mike drove the ball pretty well, especially on #9. However, there were a couple of holes he got really creative, such as to the left of #8, where he played the hole in what he said was "his own GCA way."   ;D :o ::)

Agreed on the tree removal program.  There are still many more that could be taken out.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back