News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Phil Benedict

Look at all those red numbers
« on: June 14, 2007, 09:10:23 AM »
Probably won't hold up but nearly half the field is under par so far.  It would be a real hoot if a half a dozen guys break par today and somebody shoots a 67 or so.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 09:19:44 AM by Phil Benedict »

Dan Kelly

Re:Look at all those red numbers
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 09:17:45 AM »
Most of the birdies I've seen via the Live Scoring (http://www.usopen.com/scoring/dyn/alllb.html) have been on No. 11.

One eagle there, too -- by Appleby.
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Cliff Hamm

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 09:25:35 AM »
As I recall early scoring was low last year at Winged Foot...These guys are good....

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 10:00:23 AM »
Look at Steve Williams legs.  I hate it when shorts come off the rack like that.  Is there a dress code for caddies?

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 10:16:25 AM »
I first started gaining weight during the gestation of my first child.  Nice to see Tiger with some ill fitting clothes for a change.

Justin_Zook

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 01:36:27 PM »
It nice to see that Sergio only finished 1 over par. ;)
We make a living by what we get...we make a life by what we give.

Phil Benedict

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 01:42:50 PM »
Scores so far are pretty typical US Open first round.  Two-under leads with a few guys around par.  I watched Tiger and Geoff play 17 and 18 at lunch (in a bar with no sound).  While the greens are now doubt treacherous, I got the sense that the defining characteristic of the set up is the rough, which seems just brutal - more so even than the normal Open.  Evidently reflects optimal agronomic conditions.  May give Tiger something of an edge because he is so strong and can advance the ball further out of the crap.

In any case I will be there tomorrow and will get a better sense of the course and conditions.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 02:49:05 PM »
Phil,

You actually got to see Geoff play?!?! I went to the gym and watched for an hour and it was all of Tiger's shots and you could hardly find a peek at Geoff, never mind he is the defending champion and was beating Tiger the whole time.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

JESII

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 02:52:24 PM »
Garland,

You must have been bench-pressing the broom-handle when they had Ogilvy on screen because I saw his every shot from 15 green through 18 green...back to work big man!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 02:53:29 PM »
Phil,

You actually got to see Geoff play?!?! I went to the gym and watched for an hour and it was all of Tiger's shots and you could hardly find a peek at Geoff, never mind he is the defending champion and was beating Tiger the whole time.

Uh-oh BS meter just went off

28 - Geoff Ogilvy +1 F +1 71 - - - 71
28 - Tiger Woods +1 F +1 71 - - - 71

Thats a beatdown??

Garland Bayley

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 02:58:08 PM »
With my upper body strength, I only wish I could handle the handle (broom that is).

I was watching while Geoff was flirting with the top of the leaderboard at -2 while Tiger was +2. Geoff had a little trouble finishing and I found out after getting out of the shower that Tiger got one back at 17.

EDIT: I suppose I should clarify before Kalen spews more BS about a BS meter. Geoff was at -1 flirting with the leader at -2. Never got there though.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 03:02:28 PM by Garland Bayley »
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back