News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Copeland

1.7 mil Minature golf course named "best new"
« on: March 01, 2007, 10:59:24 PM »
It is rumored to be designed by a signature and have  a 2 mil budget....real architects everywhere feel slighted Im sure

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5364665,00.html
I need a nickname so I can tell all that I know.....

Mike Nuzzo

Re:1.7 mil Minature golf course named "best new"
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 11:03:30 PM »
I'm glad they have objective sources...

"Revenue projections were unavailable, but the company that designed the golf course says some new courses generate more than $300,000 a year. "

Wait till you hear what I tell my next client. ::)
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

peter_p

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 12:18:07 AM »
36 holes, municipal ownership. As a Democrat, shouldn't this be private enterprise?

Adam Clayman

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 12:21:22 AM »
Sounds like the same consultants the city of Santa Fe used and told them they could do 139k rounds at 7k feet. ::)

"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Kirk Gill

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 12:46:07 AM »
First Jim Engh creates Pradera just down the road, then C&C create Colorado Golf club next door, then Tom Doak takes on a redesign of nearby Mira Vista..........and now this.

Of course, I'm sure it's a lot cheaper to build 36 holes of mini golf than it would be to, say, restore Wellshire, a Ross-designed Denver muni.........

But what really worries me about the article is it says that the courses won't have windmills, and won't be cheesy.......if true, what reason would I have to play there?
"After all, we're not communists."
                             -Don Barzini

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 03:16:04 PM »
I recently gave a talk on some issues facing golf in the next 20 years. One is that golf — that large-scale game we all speak of here — is isolated compared to the game in the 1930s through 1960s.

What is different?

For one, miniature golf. In the golden age and later, golf enjoyed a link to the common man/woman/child through miniature golf couses. It was very often at these easy to access venues that people became first introduced to the game, and eventually hooked enough to go to the "real" courses.

This is missing in today's world. Golf — and all of us — have somehow excluded ourselves and made the game less accessible to those who have never ventured out to play it. I applaud the City of Denver. I hope it catches on and is successful.
— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 03:36:36 PM »
My feelings are that the city would be doing a better thing by creating the World's First Isetta Park. A place where Isetta owners and go and congregate and tell their stories while their beloved Isetta's can wander free......

The hills are alive, with the sound of an Isetta......

Paul Payne

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 04:51:03 PM »
SWEET car!!

Joe Hancock

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 04:57:05 PM »
Tommy,

How long have you had your itchy cursor finger on that jpg file, waiting for ANY opportunity to use it?????

I think we know who the crazy one is..... :)

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Tim Copeland

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 05:03:58 PM »
You boys are seriously responding to this?!?!!?

This was in response to the booger picking post by MY

LMAO.....

Crazy like a fox

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 05:09:39 PM »
Like all things on GCA, there is a reason for this.....With that, I'll give the dais to Forrest.......

Tim Copeland

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 05:11:13 PM »
Not you ole buddy...I knew yours wasnt serious

Joe Hancock

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 05:13:15 PM »
You boys are seriously responding to this?!?!!?

This was in response to the booger picking post by MY

OOOOhhhh....you mean the one where he was responding to your booger picking post on the bunker thread that innocently gave all architects the credit for bunker construction???? I had no idea.....

::)  :)
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back