News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Wayne_Kozun

Reverse Old Course in 2008?
« on: January 29, 2007, 10:43:19 AM »
I noticed that the Reverse Old Course package for this year is sold out.  Is this now an annual event?  If it is - does anyone know when reservations open for 2008?  I would like to sign up ASAP so that I make sure that I get a spot.

peter_p

Re:Reverse Old Course in 2008?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »
Wayne,
It is annual, and in the end March/Begin April timeframe. The St Andrews Links Trust website is the source of information. Also, check the 2007 TOCR thread and its beginning date. That's a good indicator for next year's edition.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 05:36:54 PM by Peter Pittock »

wsmorrison

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 01:30:02 PM »
Wayne,

I'm in as well.  If you could keep me posted on any information you gather (wsmorrison@hotmail.com) I'd appreciate it.  I was going to go over to England/Scotland this year, but it looks like the family vetoed it to do community service project overseas.  I guess we'll get some altruism points, but it ain't gonna be at the home of golf   :-\

Tim Bert

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 01:50:51 PM »
My wife told me when we got married that I could do Scotland for my 35th birthday.  That's 2008.  I'm interested in the weather / daylight in March / April.  I'd love to work the trip around TOC in reverse, but not sure if it will be practical.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 02:10:26 PM »
Wayne,
It is annual, and in the end March/Begin April timeframe. The St Andrews Links Trust website is the source of information. Also, check the 2007 TOCR thread and its beginning date. That's a good indicator for next year's edition. I'd wait 'til 09 when the Castle course will be open.
I tried doing some searches on GCA but nothing came up for "Reverse Old Course".  

I checked out the Links Trust site last week but it doesn't mention 2008.  I emailed them asking for info and they just sent me the regular document on making reservations on the Old Course.  If I find anything out I will be sure to post it here.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 02:29:57 PM »

So two golfers called Wayne can meet - it's destiny.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=25481

Looks like September for booking/applications.  I already have a schedule for 2008 :o but I will be keeping an eye out for 2009 8).
Let's make GCA grate again!

peter_p

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 02:34:04 PM »
Expect July announcement of dates per SALT website news archives. As Tony said, applications open in September.

http://www.standrews.org.uk/news/newsletter/2006/LinksNews%20Jul06.pdf
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 05:38:23 PM by Peter Pittock »

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 03:25:31 PM »
Wayne,
final, FINAL name changes can be made between 28 and 21 days of the start of this year's event. One golfer per group can be substituted. So, theoretically at least, you could still get in.

Where shall we open the bidding!?!?! 8)

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Michael Christensen

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 07:24:35 PM »
Mr Bonnar,

my spot is not open for bidding!  ;D

James Bennett

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 02:20:17 AM »
Mr Bonnar

my airfare has been paid for, need to confirm some lodgings, and thats about that.  Of course, I am taking the logical route to St Andrews from Australia - via LA and London ;D.  I could be tired before the Reverse week starts!
Tim Bert - about the daylight and the weather.  As the event is held a week after equinox (about March 20, which is when everywhere around the world has 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness) you can safely assume a little more than 12 hours of daylight for the Reverse TOC.  As a guide, the 2007 group is hoping to do a field walk with Tom Doak starting after 5pm!  And I think my tee times are as late as 2pm to 3pm hit-off.  I'm hoping it is dark in the mornings, and stays light till late.

As for the weather ...... well can anyone tell me with accuracy what the weather will be like in Scotland in July, let alone March/April?  I am fearing the worst (wind, rain, sleet, cold, wind chill factor) but I am sure we will be blessed with mild golfing conditions in 2007.  Now for 2008, that could be a completely different matter.

Ha hah!

James B
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 02:22:05 AM by James Bennett »
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »
I am fearing the worst (wind, rain, sleet, cold, wind chill factor) but I am sure we will be blessed with mild golfing conditions in 2007.  Now for 2008, that could be a completely different matter.
That depends on which side of the Global Warming debate you fall on ;)

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 12:51:26 PM »
Messrs B and C,
it was my spot I was considering!!!!
Fleecing an unsuspecting John Kavanaugh would allow me to die a happy man. ;D

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

peter_p

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 02:23:09 PM »
James B
March 31 Edinburgh sunrise 6:48, sunset 7:49

Edited times, was wrong before, and will be again
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 06:36:13 PM by Peter Pittock »

James Bennett

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 05:49:13 PM »
Thanks Peter Pittock.  I'm not sure whether day light saving has started then, which would put the sun up just before 7am and the sundown just before 8pm.

Martin

do you mean that it is possible that not only will I enjoy the company of two unknowns (we jointly assumed 'southerners) over the three day event, I might also miss out on FBD and play with John Kavanaugh instead?  My what an experience. For John and myself, and the 'other two'.   :o Do you know of any good caddies Martin?  I might need one.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

peter_p

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 06:39:03 PM »
James B,
I revised the times in the previous post. Sunrise is shortly before 7 am and sunset is just before 8 pm, local time

Doug Bolls

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 08:36:10 PM »
For his year (2007), the Trust put info up on their website in early August 2006.  You could not make application until after 12:01 Sept 6th.  The form included list of players, handicaps and club affiliation.
For the last few years, TOC-Reverse package is played last weekend in March with the last Reverse round on Monday.
Since we did not want to miss this trip, we got our application emailed within seconds of the allowable time.  This package does sell out fast - particularly if you want to specify a particular starting time.
We wanted the last time on Monday (April 2) since some of our group won't arrive until about noon on that day.  The last two times were 3:30 and 3:40 PM.  
A very good contact for us at the Trust was Issie Barrett - ib@standrews.org.uk.
We are expecting cold weather, but have been told we will have plenty of light to finish.
The key is to stay on top of the date for application, make sure you have all the correct info on the form and email within the first minute or two of the time.
DB

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back