News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

paul cowley

When Doaks Away, this Sites no.......
« on: November 16, 2006, 09:00:01 PM »
....I know he is not around ....working off line somewhere...I can feel it.
I was going to start another thread about him joining the ASGCA  but I've already done that from boredom before....so, I guess we are just Golf Club Doaklas.

Ha Ha, I'm going to bed....y'all can stay up waiting if you want to.

Goodnite Jeffboy, Ianboy and Forrestboy....and Scotboy.

...oh and Bradboy, Mikeboy, Tomboy and all you otherboys ;).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 08:54:01 AM by paul cowley »
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

paul cowley

Re:When Doaks Away, this Sites no.......
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 09:02:58 PM »
....and you too jakaboy :-*

and nite nite Adamboy.

paul cowley

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 09:08:36 PM »
....oh, and my favorite Patrickboy too.

and Wayneboy and who else is in that mirror?....Kellyboy?

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 09:38:53 PM »
Paul,

It's official. My dream of having my kids (and me) grow on on The Vineyard has now been destroyed with one single post.  ;)

paul cowley

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 09:50:18 PM »
...and last but not least...Mikeboy.
ps...you have to get them early on to believe that going without shoes in the summer is not always going to hurt their feet....this was of course easier with me as my parents said they were not in the budget....I would get new ones when school starts.

I'm sure you can come up with something ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 09:50:57 PM by paul cowley »

Adam Clayman

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 10:22:06 PM »
Good night Paul Boy!
 I want to buy you a drink. I owe you a drink.
 My fourth ace happened today (Rupert's B-Day) on that whore of a hole, the fifth at....you know where.

The fifth hole is my bitch...
The fifth hole is my bitch!

The best story within the story is the Judge, Tom Callahan, was at Ed Peck's ace(on the same hole) and called it as soon as it left Eddie's club. Today he said immediately after the ball left my club..."You Pecked it". And it went in.

Right middle pin, slight wind across from the left. The ball moved right in mid-air, hit the middle hump, mpved right another few feet hit the flag and went DOWN.

The celebration was a quiet affair with me staying absolutely quiet with one arm raised as stiff as possible.

The bar bill was huge, having bought for all the golfers there that day.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

RJ_Daley

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 10:28:41 PM »
I say there old Adamboy, Dickboy here.  Can you purchase that drink long distance on paypal?  
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

paul cowley

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 10:35:09 PM »
Adam, that is grand....congratulations!
[I wasn't aware that the course was still setting pins, I thought you were in the trough's  ;)of winter].
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 10:36:53 PM by paul cowley »

paul cowley

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 10:38:39 PM »
yo Dickboy....thanks for helping JohnM with the photos. :)

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 10:40:30 PM »
Paul

Go to sleep ;D

Cary
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

RJ_Daley

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 10:40:50 PM »
Adam, do you know what day Rupert's B-day actually is? Mine was yesterday and I wondered if there is anything in the Scorpio stars for me. ::) ;) ;D  If his day was today, well, he shares that with Prince Charlie, who was born across the pond at the same moment I was, proving the answer to the star crossed thing...  :P :-\
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

John Kirk

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 10:41:40 PM »
We'll try to keep site going without him.

Congratulations Adam.  Must be nice playing such a beautiful golf course.  Up here in Oregon, it has been very wet so I've taken a short hiatus and haven't played for two or three weeks.  Probably won't see you until next May.  I am taking a trip to southern California in about a week.  Before heading over to Palm Desert, I will be stopping in L.A. to see some of our friends.

JK

RJ_Daley

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 10:42:51 PM »
Before you drift Paul, what is the name of that stuff you are on?  I hope I can purchase it locally. ;D

Adam Clayman

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 10:45:23 PM »
The winter is a semi-myth in Northeastern Colorado.

61 degrees with a slight breeze out of the south southwest.

Tomorrow, more of the same. Rat Farts!
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

John Kirk

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 10:52:27 PM »
The winter is a semi-myth in Northeastern Colorado.

61 degrees with a slight breeze out of the south southwest.

Tomorrow, more of the same. Rat Farts!

So you're kind of excited about getting out and playing tomorrow?

Adam Clayman

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 11:03:56 PM »
John, I just thought it pertininent to offer the realities of the region. I hope to play at my other course tomorrow,

I assume because SH closes it's doors when it does, it has biased people from contemplating visiting during what is arguably the best time of year to golf.

The course is firm underneath and is absolutely a blast right now.

The judge and I have squared off three times in the last month. We halved the first, I trounced him the second, and he beat me today.

We play for soup and beer. The soup is very good. ;)

Michael Robin

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 11:47:27 PM »
Hey Clayman -

You owe me! If I had listened to you and jumped on a plane to join you in the great weather at our favorite place, the universe would have been altered slightly and you would not have mustered that swing in that precise manner that you did, and would probably been slugging it out of the front bunker hoping not to make 4. I look forward to collecting on my drink maybe sometime in May. Until then, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

MR.

P.S. Have any other of Tom's great par3s there given up an ace yet?

Adam Clayman

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 12:06:35 AM »
Nope, Just the whore.

P,s, Thanx and I do owe you.

The funny part is, if you were fortunate to get the Rupert tour pror to opening, thats the hole he offered a free membership if you made an ace.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 12:08:28 AM by Adam Clayman »

Daryl David

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 12:19:03 AM »
Adam,

Are they mowing the greens or have they stopped for the year?  With that kind of weather, I would think the grass is still growing.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 12:19:52 AM by Daryl D. »

Adam Clayman

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 12:31:43 AM »
D.D. Sorry I missed you last week.

Today was the first day where the grass appeared to be going dormant.

It was down to the mid-teens at night two nights in a row, so that probably had something to do with it.

As far as I know, the grass doesn't stop growing until the ground gets below 40 degrees. Actually, I have that backwards. It doesn't start growing until the ground temp gets over 40. I wonder if it's a commutative?

Speaking with the local turf doctor here in Ogallala, his greens have barely grown up in the last six weeks. What I understand is the roots grow down at this time of year. Likely from the angle of the sun.

My hope is one of supers will confirm of deny these remarks.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 09:58:55 AM »
Paul:

Thanks for missing me.  Was traveling this week on yet another top-secret mission (which may be announced in a month or two).  I didn't even take my computer with me so no one would trace it!

Dan Kelly

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 10:04:21 AM »
Was traveling this week on yet another top-secret mission (which may be announced in a month or two).  I didn't even take my computer with me so no one would trace it!

Who's gonna play ya in the movie?!
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2006, 10:43:14 AM »
Good morning Kilt Boy! ;D  Hope you slept well.  Sorry to hear you have become a Doak Butt boy.  We'll have to rename you......

Wasn't there a scene in Borat where he says "In my country, we a go a crazy for Tom Doak Posts......FC and JDB, you two, notta so mucha!"  ;D

Frankly, while I agree that Tom is an excellent and thoughtful writer, I always look forward to your posts, Forrests, Ians, KBM's and other just as much.  I would love to hear your thoughts on architecture, not that you want to hear Toms thoughts on architecture!

Just a crazy thought!
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

paul cowley

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2006, 11:41:26 AM »
Jeffrey.....my thoughts on architecture are held dearly inside my cranium and guarded as chastely as would any old street corner virgin.....and you are not going to trick them out of me that easily!......its challenging enough that we have to commune in friendly competition at the annual ASGCA conclave, and now you have the nerve to suggest that  I might be a Doak BB when all I'm really trying to do is draw the confused boy closer to the ASGCA's beacon of light....as a moth to a flame, or Icarus to the sun.

....and Oh BTW, I have an email from YOUR friend Mr Richardson, that states his intention to try and block my forthcoming application from Ass. member to Full member.

:)

Care to comment?....or do you prefer to hide behind the secret ballot when I have to leave the room?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 11:42:11 AM by paul cowley »

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2006, 12:08:43 PM »
Paul C,

Well, Paul T can rest easy now, your first hungover post has arrived......

Yeah, I would like to have Tom join us for frivolity. (I mean professional develoment seminars.....) Like the guy who wants to win the lotto, he has to help us out by buying a ticket.......I suggest you not hold your breath, as many of us have been down that road with Tom.

If Forrest wants your application blocked, then I want it approved, just because Forrest is, well, Forrest!  You can witness your first ASGCA grudge arm wrestling match. Oh, no you can't. You will be asked to leave the room while we "vote" on you.......not to worry, I outweigh him by 50 lbs at least.

BTW, I thought the/a point of ASGCA is sharing ideas.  Or, do we have a member named Sharon I. Diaz? Now, I can't remember..........In either case, you can't give w/o getting.  Or get without giving........

Remember last year when I answered your most burning gca question - whether or not to fart before or after you completed the golf swing?  I expect equally important information from you come Atlanta.......or you will hear it from Karnac. ;D

(edited to include smiley, just in case!)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 12:11:09 PM by Jeff_Brauer »
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back