News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us.

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

St. George's Hill and Walton Heath - New
« on: October 24, 2006, 12:53:11 PM »
A friend of mine just got back from the UK, and shared these pics with me.  Thought you'd enjoy them, and would love to hear thoughts of how they compare to each other, as well as what does the group think of Walton Heath Old vs. New.

St. George's Hill #10 (looking back towards clubhouse)

St. George's Hill #18

Walton Heath (New) #2

Walton Heath (New) #7

Walton Heath (New) #8

Walton Heath (New) #9

Walton Heath (New) #10

Walton Heath (New) #11

Walton Heath (New) #12

Walton Heath (New) #18

Brad Tufts

Re:St. George's Hill and Walton Heath - New
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 01:44:39 PM »
It appears that they will be too small anyways...i clicked on one and it said 28 x 30...most are 800 x 600 right?
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

michael j fay

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 02:03:51 PM »
Thanks for the photos.

I had a very pleasant day of golf at Walton Heath a few years ago. Playing with a long time member we started at 9:00 AM and finished at 3:00 PM. We played all 36 holes and had lunch between rounds.

Your pix bring back some hazy but cherished memories.

Dan Boerger

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 02:18:19 PM »
Wayne - Although the old is the more esteemed of the two, they really share the same plot of land and are virtually indistinguishable from one another (IMO). Really, really fine courses. I've played there a number of times -- most recently this past Spring. 12 new may be my favorite hole on either course.- Dan
"Man should practice moderation in all things, including moderation."  Mark Twain

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

Re:
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 02:20:44 PM »
Quote from:  link=board=1;threadid=26295;start=0#msg490890 date=

Sean -

I don't think so, although I'm a neophyte with the pic posting.  they seem alright on my computer, and other that's I've checked.  

Sorry if that doens't help

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 02:22:22 PM »
Wayne - Although the old is the more esteemed of the two, they really share the same plot of land and are virtually indistinguishable from one another (IMO). Really, really fine courses. I've played there a number of times -- most recently this past Spring. 12 new may be my favorite hole on either course.- Dan

Dan,

My buddy who supplied the pics is a member at Walton Heath, and says he prefers the New to the Old (Matt, hope I'm not putting words in your mouth?).  

PS Just sent you a msg.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 02:25:04 PM »
Wayne, I can't see the pictures either.  I would love to see them as both courses are wonderful.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Bill_McBride

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 06:44:17 PM »
Wayne, you may be getting the properties of the thumbnails instead of the full size photos.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back