News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tony_Chapman

GCA: The Logo
« on: July 26, 2006, 12:28:55 PM »
Would it not be great, if we had a contest to come up with a golfclubatlas.com logo? This could be an official logo that we could use and if we made "gear" for events, etc. it could be used for that. And maybe what's at the top of the screen is the "official" logo, I'm not sure.

If it were successful, could the morph into gca: The Store. We could have golf shirts, hats, towels, etc and proceeds could go to assist Ran in finances for running the website.

Cheers,

Tony

Tom Huckaby

Re:GCA: The Logo
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 12:31:59 PM »
Tony - it's been awhile, but the great George Pazin actually did this at one point - I know many of us oldtimers are proud owners of GCA t-shirts.

George's creation was indeed VERY cool, even if he did put an extra "r" in the town for which Bob Huntley's home course is named.

;D ;D

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 12:35:18 PM »
Maybe we could get a pic of this logo. I was thinking something simple enough to put on a golf shirt chest with a little golfclubatlas.com on the sleeve. Anyway, it would be cool to see what George came up with.

Maybe we could do a gca brand, like Sand Hills and Wild Horse.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 12:35:43 PM »
Tony - it's been awhile, but the great George Pazin actually did this at one point - I know many of us oldtimers are proud owners of GCA t-shirts.

George's creation was indeed VERY cool, even if he did put an extra "r" in the town for which Bob Huntley's home course is named.

;D ;D

George was, of course, referring to Monterrey (Mexico) CC, designed by the late great Alistere de MacKeenzie in 1928!

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 12:37:52 PM »
Tony,

The GCA logo/t-shirt that Huck speaks of can be partly seen on Mr. Pittock (2nd from right):

I own one, too.

Also, the logo at the top of your screen is another 'official' GCA.com logo:

Adam Clayman

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 12:53:21 PM »
Tony,
While your enthusiasm and motives are pure,
it's my sense that "the logo", even our own, is
something less than desirable, for this sophisticated
crowd.

And that's not to disparage George's fine shirts.
I bought two,
 knowing someday they would be collector items.
Maybe even for as much as
 Merion's history recently sold on ebay.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 12:54:04 PM by Adam Clayman »
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jordan Wall

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 01:15:27 PM »
Are there any shirts left maybe up for sale...?
If there are extras (I know probably not but no use not checking) I would buy one!

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 01:25:31 PM »
Perhaps Adam is correct. Maybe we are a logoless bunch and that doesn't bother me either. I was just throwing out an idea to see if it would stick.

Carlyle Rood

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 01:49:20 PM »

Craig_Rokke

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 01:54:36 PM »
I like the existing logo on the logon screen. If there was a way to generate operational revenue from the sale of caps, shirts etc, that would be great for the website.

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 01:55:11 PM »
Well, if that isn't about the coolest thing I've ever seen Carlyle. I wonder how you would stitch it into a golf shirt?

Tim Taylor

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 02:33:58 PM »
Jordan, I doubt that any are/were available in the garish colors you seem to prefer :)

TimT

Are there any shirts left maybe up for sale...?
If there are extras (I know probably not but no use not checking) I would buy one!

ForkaB

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 02:39:51 PM »
I'm partial to the one George Pazin designed for "Buda I" which was dark blue with big white letters saying "GCA" on the back a la the FBI or FEMA CSI shirts that show up at tragic events.  But I would be.

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 02:49:16 PM »
From the front page:

"Site Dedication: This site is dedicated to my father, Ed Morrissett. Without his love for his family, the game, and travel, this site would not exist."

Perhaps one of the creative people can work some golf clubs into The Morrissett Family crest.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 04:21:28 PM »

Perhaps this would be appropriate.

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 04:47:33 PM »
Why not incorporate G, C, and A into a logo a la the Hartford Golf Club logo (or any other club whose initials are superimposed on one another to make an emblem)?  It would be good homage to the classic golf courses.

Hartford GC's emblem has a wide G, a tall C which intersects with the G, and the H, which encompasses both.  Of course, we could put the A in the middle, its three points ending at semi-symmetrically prudent spots in the C (meaning a tall, narrow A) or the G (meaning a short, wide A).  I think that it would better to have the G be tall and narrower, as it's the first letter of the acronym, and the tall letter is the one that draws one's eye first.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 05:15:38 PM »
I was thinking something simple like this, with putting the "logo" on the front of a golf shirt or hat and then the golfclubatals.com on the sleeve or in the back up by the collar.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 05:16:06 PM by Tony_Chapman »

ed_getka

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 10:49:18 AM »
Carlyle,
   That is a cool golf ball. At first I thought you had included Shakespeare until I realized it was Mackenzie with part of his head in shadow.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back