News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Gene Greco

Blackout?????
« on: June 10, 2006, 12:44:29 PM »
   We were unable to log onto GCA for a couple of days.

What happened?
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Tommy_Naccarato

Re:Blackout?????
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 01:02:05 PM »
From time to time, the guys down in Oz have to archive the discussions and they have to take the site down to do it. I'm almost 100% sure this was the reason for the blackout. A few months ago, the site was down for like three days because they hadn't done it in like 8 months. This blackout was more like 24 hours.

George Pazin

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 01:45:22 PM »
Someone was just trying to send a message to those of us who like to argue about Michelle.

Message noted.

:)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Jim Nugent

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 02:22:15 PM »
Someone was just trying to send a message to those of us who like to argue about Michelle.

Message noted.

:)

Right, George, and the message is we better make up for lost time.  

Andrew Summerell

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 04:40:03 PM »
From time to time, the guys down in Oz have to archive the discussions and they have to take the site down to do it.

That's right Tommy, blame the Aussies. ::) Don't forget, we're ahead of you time wize down here, so we got back on the site 12 hours earlier. :P

Phil_the_Author

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 05:09:06 PM »
Actually, the real reason is that the system went into meltdown when Tom Paul shut his computer off and went to Fisher's Island for three days.

It's called separation anxiety.

Dan Kelly

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 05:15:50 PM »
I played a little game called golf.

Played it badly -- but played it!
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 11:34:56 PM »
Actually, the real reason is that the system went into meltdown when Tom Paul shut his computer off and went to Fisher's Island for three days.

It's called separation anxiety.

Phil,

I thought the same thing.  I think Tom Paul keeps a Master Server for GCA in his travel bag (sort of like the President carrying his "football") and when he arrived at Fisher's Island, was outside any remote communications station that could receive the signal to keep us all afloat.

Whether that was truly accidental, or a more purposeful effort at keeping any of us from creeping up on his total number of posts, I concur with you that this blip on the technical radar of GCA had to be completely his doing.   ;)  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back