News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy_Naccarato

KPV--Friday Night At The Capri
« on: May 27, 2006, 11:46:27 PM »
In fear I was giving you guys a "bum steer" in directing us to Desert Hot Springs next Friday night, I took David Kelly by there on Thursday night. I'll let him post his thoughts to reassure you all that the trip is worth it. There are several who can't make it  but many that haven't responded one way or another, but if you could ASAP let me know so I can confirm reservations at 6:30 pm. I chose that time figuring the East Coasters would be more then hungry, but if you think a later time would be better, nows the time to speak-up!

Here is the list of the so-far confirmed that will be there on Friday night for dinner at the Capri in Desert Hot Springs. If I've left you off the list please let me know on this thread instead of the email it would be appreciated. Thanks!

1.  Scott Wood
 2.  Tim Leahy
 3.  Peter Pittock
 4.  Bill McBride
 5.  Jeff Formancyzk
 6.  Steve Pieracci
 7.  Sean Leary
 8.  Scott Burroughs
 9.  Ryan Simper
10. Jesse Jones
11. John Cullum
12. Lou Duran
13. Bob Huntley
14. Eric Frazen
15. Jim Davidson
16. Tommy Naccarato
17. Jeff Fortson
18. Dan King
19. Jason Topp
20. Tony Peterson
21. John Vanderborght
22. Pete Lavallee
23. Jerry Kluger
24. Joe Perches

Peter has posted the address down below. It's very easy to get to as far as directions. Just take 111 West towards Palm Springs to Cook. head due North to the Interstate 10. Take that West, towards L.A. Get off at PALM DRIVE (Not Date Palm!!!) and head due North exactly 5 miles. The restaurant will be on your right side (East)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 02:22:55 PM by Thomas Naccarato »

Bill_McBride

Re:KPV--Friday Night At The Capri
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 12:03:20 AM »
Tommy, please post the restaurant's address so we can Mapquest directions from the hotels.  Sounds like a good evening!

peter_p

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 12:10:53 AM »
12260 Palm Drive, Desert Hot Springs. Phone 760-329-6833

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 12:19:32 AM »
I've updated the list and directions.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 12:26:55 AM »
BTW, If anyone is interested in bringing their own 'juice', corkage is $12.95 per bottle.

peter_p

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 12:39:33 AM »
I could probably part with some of the Oregon pinot noirs.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 12:54:40 AM »
A tempermental grape......

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 12:59:59 AM »
Tommy, I get Palm Springs airport at 730PM, so are u guys there at 830 or so. John/Tiger

Garland Bayley

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 01:00:50 AM »
I could probably part with some of the Oregon pinot noirs.

Peter,

Don't be wasting any of that pinot noir on Huckaby. It would be wasted on him. When he shows, make sure you have some ripple available.
 ;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

peter_p

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 01:08:54 AM »
The supplier is also tempermental. WWMD.

Graland,
Notice Huckaby isn't on the list of attendees. I'll keep back the great stuff for later.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 05:16:00 AM »
Tommy, I get Palm Springs airport at 730PM, so are u guys there at 830 or so. John/Tiger

John,
As soon as you get off the plane, call me and I'll give you the 411 where we are at, etc. (If the timing should work and if the guys want to delay dinner till 7:00 or ? ? ?)

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 08:05:41 AM »
Oh wise one!

Right now I have 36 lined up in Scottsdale that day and will be driving over afterwards.  I'm sure to get there way too late for the dinner, but drinks afterwards.......

jaycee

ed_getka

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 09:55:02 AM »
Tommy,
    I won't be there for the dinner part, but will catch up with you guys whereever you end up after I get off the golf course.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Jason Topp

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 12:05:27 PM »
Please add me.  

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 01:09:23 PM »
Peter's grapes and my golf game....tempermental!

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 01:11:08 PM »
Tommy - I was asleep when you called last night!  Going to Springstein concert tonight so won't be available to talk.  MUST talk to you tomorrow!  Be home all day.  J

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 01:23:26 PM »
Baby you were born to run!!!!!!!!

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 01:27:56 PM »
run amok!

David Kelly

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 04:27:39 PM »
For anyone who is questioning whether it is worth it to drive out to Desert Hot Springs for this dinner I can vouch for the fact that the steaks are very good.  The decor is about a 1 on the Doak Scale but my porterhouse was fantastic.  
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

JohnV

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 04:51:04 PM »
Tommy,

My flight arrives at Ontairo at 4:10 PM on Friday.  Given that I have to get my clubs and my car, I hope to be out of there around 4:45 or earlier.  I see that it is 70 miles to the restaurant so I hope I can make it in time ( I  understand it is Friday night in LA) so please count me in.

Emmy

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 05:31:51 PM »
Friday evening at the Capri...someone pack a camera, please.
Photo Request: One camaraderie shot of the entire GCA clan.
(That should be an easy task).

Celebrate Well!

ed_getka

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 07:46:44 PM »
Emmy,
   No pix allowed. Too much incriminating evidence has built up over the years. :)
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tony Petersen

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2006, 07:47:10 PM »
Tommy -

I'm planning on driving over from business in Vegas around 2-3 or so... Probably get into town around 6-7 pm... Would love to join you guys if you still have any room available.

Tony :-)
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2006, 09:22:38 PM »
Tony,
Adding you to the list.

Ed is right. Anybody takes a picture of me and I'll have Sonny destroy the film and throw the camera to the ground!

(Emmy, we'll try to produce something)

Emmy

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2006, 09:25:00 PM »
Ed:
I concur, forget the GCA family snapshot idea. After reading your recent post, I completely understand. I'll send down my 2-man TV camera crew instead. (Just joking, of course).

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back