News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Craig Van Egmond

How about that Ben Crenshaw
« on: April 06, 2006, 02:08:16 PM »

Looks like the old guy still got some game in him after all, a very nice opening round of 71.  

Congrats and good luck tomorrow Ben!

redanman

Re:How about that Ben Crenshaw
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 02:09:16 PM »
Leading architect in the clubhouse.  And he was our god on gca.com first.

But what about Els?  He's birdied HALF of his holes so far!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 02:17:28 PM by redanmanŽ aka BillV »

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 02:15:15 PM »
Notice Tom Paul's been absent from here all week?

I still say they are the same person.  I mean please, what kind of a name is Tom Paul anyway?  It's such an obvious pseudonym it's actually kind of insulting he keeps using it.

;D ;D

Alex_Wyatt

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 02:17:07 PM »
By the way, this is not OT.

Architecture adjusted, is this the greatest round ever? He must have hit utility clubs or metal woods into 1, 7, 9, 11, 17, 18.

Totally amazing

PThomas

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 02:18:21 PM »
Notice Tom Paul's been absent from here all week?

I still say they are the same person.  I mean please, what kind of a name is Tom Paul anyway?  It's such an obvious pseudonym it's actually kind of insulting he keeps using it.

;D ;D

since my name is close to Tom's, which famour touring pro do you compare me with HucK? ;D

and pls don't say Duval..... ;)
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

David_Tepper

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 02:22:43 PM »
Crenshaw's round is pretty impressive, especially considering that he has not been very competitive on the Champions Tour the past couple of years. Clearly a case of horses for courses (or is it courses for horses?).

Brent Hutto

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 02:29:47 PM »
David,

I agree with your point but, thinking more about "horses for courses", ANGC set up for the Masters could hardly be less similar to a week-in, week-in Senior Tour setup. If they played real championship golf every week Ben might play more and earn a lot of money.

W.H. Cosgrove

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 02:32:29 PM »
Anyone see Crenshaw's comments on the Golf Channel?

When asked about the changes he was very diplomatic!  He did say the biggest changes involved the narrowness of the course as opposed to the strategy that used to be involved in hitting to different areas of the broad fairways.  

I don't know Mr. Crenshaw but I have to believe that these are changes he laments.

redanman

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 02:36:09 PM »
Looks like Woods just solved the dilemma of the 14th green by jarring it. (wasn't worth a new thread, not today!

JohnV

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 02:55:56 PM »
Brother Bill,  Looks like Tiger played 14 and 15 at level par.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 03:03:46 PM »
You're both correct.

Tiger made 2 on #14, but 7 on #15.

Jason Blasberg

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 03:15:49 PM »
Did anyone notice that pgatour.com scoring had listed Darren Clarke has making a 2 on #2 and then changed it to 3?

Having seen no coverage was that just a glitch or was he penalized a stroke?

Tim Pitner

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 03:53:18 PM »
When you consider Crenshaw's recent scores at Augusta, the efforts to make the course tougher, and the other scores being posted today, his round of 71 is really quite amazing.  

John, I just noticed the quote you have:  "In other sports, referees run the game, in golf the rules run the game."  - Stewart Cink.  I agree with the sentiment but thought it ironic that it is Cink making the statement; I recall Cink taking some liberties with his lie in the waste area at Harbortown a few years ago, essentially digging a trench behind his ball.  Hmmm.

Brian_Sleeman

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 04:53:37 PM »
Did anyone notice that pgatour.com scoring had listed Darren Clarke has making a 2 on #2 and then changed it to 3?

GolfWeb originally had Ted Purdy at -3 after the 1st hole, and then corrected it to -1.  Just glitches/errors in reporting I guess.

Maybe they had their relation to par/actual hole score mixed up...

redanman

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 08:35:56 AM »
The "Live scoring" indeed has had some errors as evidenced by the initial posting of Couples score as 70.

Therefore Crenshaw is still tied for "Lowest architect", hence previous post removed.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back