News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Ober

Was going to play with my son and two friends, but my son broke his thumb playing basketball (his senior golf season is over), and my two buddies have to cancel due to unforseen family committments (their wives made "other plans").

I will be away from my computer visiting U.C. Santa Barbara with my son, so if you want to play, just call me on my cell: 951.235.0878. First three to respond get the tee time! :-)

I'm also posting this on Ham'n'Egg, so hurry if you want to play! :-)

Bill_McBride

Re:This Sunday 9:40 tee time at Rustic Canyon 3 players needed!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 10:44:07 PM »
Look forward to hearing your thoughts on La Cumbre.

rjsimper

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 11:32:05 PM »
aaaarrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh

Out of town this weekend

Jason Topp

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 12:26:20 AM »
David - I am playing with three friends at 8:00 and 1:00 (approximately).  I'm sure they do not allow 5-somes but if they do, you would be welcome to join us.  If you play at the original time, look for me.  Our time is under my name.

David Ober

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 07:47:29 PM »
Look forward to hearing your thoughts on La Cumbre.

Didn't get to play it. I just couldn't bring myself to spend four hours playing a beautiful golf course while my son with his broken thumb had to go to a book store or something. Coach Lass at UCSB gave us a raincheck, so we'll go back in a month or so...

I did drive up to the course, and it looked fantastic. The greens looked immaculate, and fast as can be, with lots of subtle undulation, just like I like 'em!

Can't wait to play there...

Found out that the UCSB golf team also gets to play at The Valley Club of Montecito, Sandpiper, and The Alisal Ranch Private Course, all fantastic tracks from what I've heard...

David Ober

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 08:31:24 PM »
Spots are taken: A Ham'n'Egger, a GCA'er, and a friend of a GCA'er.

Can't wait!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 12:10:15 AM »
David, I played a couple of years at UCSB.  La Cumbre was the home course, but we got to play a couple of times a year at Valley Club, always a highlight.  The only other courses in the area were Montecito, Santa Barbara Muni and a nine-holer in Goleta we impolitely called "Duck Shit Woods."

David Ober

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 12:12:38 AM »
David, I played a couple of years at UCSB.  La Cumbre was the home course, but we got to play a couple of times a year at Valley Club, always a highlight.  The only other courses in the area were Montecito, Santa Barbara Muni and a nine-holer in Goleta we impolitely called "Duck Shit Woods."

Was Steve Lass the coach when you played there?

Bill_McBride

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 12:15:15 AM »
Not likely - I played there in 1961 and 1962!  Our coach was Doc Kelleher who got the job by default because he could drive the van.  This was in the days of match play college golf, pretty low pressure.  Thank God.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back