News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brent Hutto

Saturday at King's Putter IV (Photos)
« on: April 15, 2005, 01:05:54 PM »
OK, here are a few raw images from the King's Putter IV rounds on Saturday. The first fifteen are of the majority of players teeing off for the first (high/low fourball) round. The last three are of the group playing ahead of my match in the afternoon Modified Chapman. I recognize about half the asses and two-thirds of the golf swings but didn't caption them for fear of an embarrassing misidentification.

THuckaby2

Re:Saturday at King's Putter IV (Photos)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 01:20:17 PM »
What a collection of asses!

I believe I can caption them all.  In order

1 - My main man and partner Mike Tennyson (friend of Getka).
2 - Tennyson following ball, Fortson walking unencumbered, Moriarty walking carrying bag.
3 - Mike Benham
4 - Steve Pieracci
5 - Joe Perches
6 - John Vander Borght
7 - Mike Golden
8 - Gib Papazian at address
9 - the inimitable followthrough of Gib Papazian
10 - Lou Duran
11 - Jim Humphrey (F.O.G.)
12 - Evan Fleisher
13 - Paul Thomas
14 - Bill McBride (love the NCGA bucket hat, btw)
15 - Jeff Goldman
16 - Fortson striking, the devilishly handsome Huckaby gazing in admiration
17 - Jim Humphrey
18 - Mike Benham

those last three are on McBride's ace hole, btw...

Brent Hutto

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 01:29:04 PM »
I must say capturing that second shot of a classic "Armenian Swing" is the one I'm proudest of.

THuckaby2

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 01:31:46 PM »
Damn right.  That had to take some amazing finger and shutter speed.

;D ;D

Mike Benham

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 02:52:49 PM »
That devilishly handsome Huck-a-baby ...

... the Skipper tooooo, the Millionaire and his wife, the Movie Star, Professor and Marianne, here on Gilligan's Isle ...

And another arse-pic ...

For FBD ... your autographed copy is in the mail ...

Gib making the King's Putter useful ...

And finally, the winning Captain ...

"... and I liked the guy ..."

THuckaby2

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 02:59:41 PM »
CLASSIC!

Damn I hope Martin sees this.  What a handsome set of chapeaus....

And what a handsome group we are in general.

But dammit, why is it that even when I try to look tough I still look like Herbie the dentist-elf?

;D

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 03:00:03 PM »
It's depressingly easy to spot the pro...
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

THuckaby2

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 03:05:20 PM »
Rick:

Thanks.  I hadn't announced my change in golf status, but I'm glad you picked that up.

Oh, you mean Fortson....

Never mind.

;D ;D ;D

Mike Hendren

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 03:12:04 PM »
Given a choice to LOOK like Fortson or PLAY like Fortson, I could live with my 8 handicap.  He's a dandy.

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

THuckaby2

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 03:14:19 PM »
Good call Mike.  He is a dandy, isn't he?  Definitely gets the best-dressed title.  But Benham's rather sharp as well.  Not that I make a habit of assessing the looks of other men... not that there's anything wrong with that.....

;D

Brent Hutto

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 03:49:45 PM »
Interesting turn this thread has taken. I had a "note to self" moment on Sunday to just quit worrying about what color shirt goes with what color pants and simply adopt Fortson's classic white and grey scheme. I remember a year or so ago in one of the golf magazines (the one with the golf-fashion Q&A column) their fashion expert advised a young golfer who wanted to look his best for a tournament at a fancy club that clean, pressed khakis and a white golf shirt would be perfect for any round of golf anywhere. And he added that if you want the ultimate in classic attire you can substitute grey dress slacks for the khakis and noone could look more stylish.

I thought Benham and Perches were co-medallists in the Amateur division of the sartorial comparison with Lou Duran a perennial contender, as well. Some of us (the names Hutto, Huckaby, Pieracci and Vander Borght come to mind) are proportioned in such manners as to demand a "net" division in any clotheshorse sweepstakes. Oh well, at least John and Steve hit the ball a friggin ton which is no mean compensation.

Jason Topp

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 03:50:29 PM »

John Daly?

THuckaby2

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 03:52:05 PM »
Some of us (the names Hutto, Huckaby, Pieracci and Vander Borght come to mind) are proportioned in such manners as to demand a "net" division in any clotheshorse sweepstakes.

;D ;D ;D
Oh man I am dying.  Hell yes, I need a handicap in the clothing competition.  I mean really, it's easy to look good when you're tall and thin like Fortson.  Try and look decent with MY short squatty Stadlerian frame.

;D ;D

THuckaby2

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 03:53:59 PM »
Jason - good catch there - oh yes, our man JV doesn't cheat himself on the backswing.

But too bad Brent didn't catch Mike Tennyson, my first round partner... If anything JV is freakin' Lanny Wadkins compared to Mike.  My man Mike damn near hit the ground with his backswing.  Got pretty darn good results out of it as well....

Brent Hutto

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 03:56:54 PM »
And Huck, the hell of it is you're too little to even convincingly pull off a Walrus imitation. It's like you're in some kind of no-man's-land.

Actually, I was half expecting to bait Barney into a comment on how "gay" this discussion has become. He must be out playing golf at the moment.

Jason Topp

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005, 03:57:53 PM »
Jason - good catch there - oh yes, our man JV doesn't cheat himself on the backswing.

But too bad Brent didn't catch Mike Tennyson, my first round partner... If anything JV is freakin' Lanny Wadkins compared to Mike.  My man Mike damn near hit the ground with his backswing.  Got pretty darn good results out of it as well....

The most depressing thing to me is that I would be asking for strokes from pretty much all of these guys.

THuckaby2

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005, 04:01:19 PM »
Well Jason, there is more than one way to skin a cat, and to play this game.  As the possessor of a patently awful swing myself, I am a firm believer in the old adage "it's not how, but how many."

;D

Brent - you are sadly correct.  I inhabit the no-man's land between sharp and really portly.  Since there's no way I can ever get to the former, I'm gonna have to eat my way into the latter.  I am now suitably inspired.

JakaB loves the gay threads.  He'd be proud of us.

;D

THuckaby2

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2005, 04:02:12 PM »
Brent,

No not golfing yet but I have promised to keep my opinions to architecture only but what the hell....Carlyle Rood is by far the most dapper of all....that guy is tight.

Concur with that.  He's Tiger to Fortson's Vijay.

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2005, 04:07:26 PM »
I've never met Fortson, but judging from that pic I'll bet you he wears FootJoy Classics!!

Lou_Duran

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2005, 04:48:50 PM »

Jim Humphrey on 16 hitting the second best shot on this hole over two days, substituting for Tiger Bernhardt.  With that swing, to think that we gave him a couple a side to better balance the match!  Ed sure does have nice friends.

BTW, I played behind Fortson and reported him to the officials for mucking up the greens.  I swear that the man wears combat boots.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 04:50:42 PM by Lou_Duran »

Mike Benham

Re:Saturday at King's Putter IV (Photos) New
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2005, 04:56:30 PM »
I was sworn to only post the good pictures of Mr. Fortson's swing, good as in regards to the golf swing mechanics vs. a photographers concern for lighting, framing, etc.

So, to be safe,  I will start with a Fortson birdie putt on the 8th hole ...

And to note, the Fortsonator has a little more giddy-up in his swing then some of us so I was a tad slow on the shutter for most of the day ...

Until finally I hit one almost square on the screws ... although he could tell you why this one went 30 yards right of where he was aiming ...

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:46:50 AM by Mike Benham »
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Mike_Golden

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2005, 05:17:23 PM »
Brent,

Thanks for the photo-it's a great shot of one of my good swings (I ripped that drive down the middle).  I guess I'll never wonder again whether I get the club all the way back or whether there's a good shoulder turn :)

Now, if I could figure out some way to get my putting stroke reasonably solid >:(
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 05:18:15 PM by Mike_Golden »

George Pazin

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2005, 05:22:15 PM »

This is the exact position my pro was trying to get me to the other night - quite a ways from my current position. Thanks for the visual!
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

ed_getka

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2005, 05:53:09 PM »
Brent,
   Thanks for posting the pix, it was a pleasure to meet you at KPIV. I look forward to our next round together. I won't soon forget the best approach shot I've seen played into #13 by you.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back