News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

George Pazin

A How To Primer on Posting Photos
« on: December 20, 2004, 12:31:16 PM »
Following the excellent suggestion of Sean Berry (SPDB), I offer the following:

For more information on Mystic Color Labs, check out this thread:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=7808;start=0

You might have to cut and paste the link, since the question mark usually throws things off and I don't know yet how to do the fancy link that Scott Burroughs and Kevin Reilly do!

Hope this helps - everyone bookmark this thread so that the next time someone asks, we can simply point them here. If anything isn't clear on my instructions, point it out and I'll edit my image to make things more clear. If you just want one or two images posted, feel free to email them to me and I'll host them on my site:

georgep@choiceonemail.com

Merry Christmas everyone (apologies to the PC crowd :)).
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

ForkaB

Re:A How To Primer on Posting Photos
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 01:15:05 PM »
OK, George, I'll tgry this with an old ass picture of myself:

OK, what went wrong? :'(

PS--this seems like deja vu all over again......
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 01:16:38 PM by Rich Goodale »

Brian_Gracely

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 01:18:54 PM »
Rihc,

Most likely you didn't double-click on the thumbnail-sized picture on MysticColor, and hence your URL is not the actual picture.  Make sure you click on it to make it the larger size, and then grab the URL properties from that picture.  

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 01:22:23 PM »
The best advice I can offer is....click on the "preview" button before posting a picture and that way you can see if you are posting

a) a beautiful vista at Sand Hills etc, or

b) a red X
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 03:24:15 PM by Kevin_Reilly »
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Brian_Gracely

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 01:31:57 PM »
Dave,

I'm not sure where you are trying to post those pictures, but the URL is no where near being correct (http://kgoisyut/ or http://fhgouiryt/).  Is that a local server at your company or something else?  It needs to be something like http://www.blahblahblah.com/picture_name.jpg

Michael Moore

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 01:34:43 PM »
Who scans his scorecards?
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 01:35:58 PM »
My scorecard on #2 at Sand Hills for 4 days.

Brian/Michael,

That's entirely on purpose.  He had 3 X's on his scorecard.  Get it?

My 4 rounds on #2 at Sand Hills:

6  (3-putt)

My only two birdies of the 4 rounds - 3 or 4 missed under 6 feet.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 01:38:01 PM by Scott_Burroughs »

Brian_Gracely

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 01:38:57 PM »
Brian/Michael,

That's entirely on purpose.  He had 3 X's on his scorecard.  Get it?

Ahh.....mi estupido!

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004, 01:51:02 PM »
Oh, and I echo what Kevin said above:  before attempting to post pics for the first time (or even anytime after), DO THE "PREVIEW" FIRST to see if it worked!  I've posted perhaps (literally) thousands of pics, and I Preview each and every one first before posting!

I even Preview probably 80%-90% of all non-picture posts.  Why edit after when you can edit before?

Dan Kelly

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 02:01:51 PM »
What a place to make an X:

"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

George Pazin

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2004, 02:08:46 PM »
You guys are killing me! I try to help people out, and everyone is posting red X's! :)

Without knowing the URL's of the photos that anyone is trying to post, it's really difficult to tell what's going wrong in Rich's post. Or Dan Kelly's.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Dan Kelly

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2004, 02:11:39 PM »
George --

Could be everyone's trying to be (for want of a better word) funny!

Except for me, of course. I was trying to preview an actual picture, hit "Post" instead of "Preview" -- and then decided it was better with the X-box than it would have been with the picture.

It was certainly funnier.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 02:12:37 PM by Dan Kelly »

Dan Kelly

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2004, 02:15:02 PM »
Here's a picture of Michael Moore, scanning his scorecards:

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2004, 02:24:53 PM »
Dan,

I knew that's what had happened with you X post, since you had a partial URL in there.  I thought it was funny, even if unintentional at first, since I knew you'd like it as is.

And the second one, good one, despite not many figuring it out without (and with!) seeing the faux URL.

Michael Moore

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2004, 03:48:39 PM »
Super Shivas -

If there's one thing I hate on this board it's when people rush through a post without reading it carefully in order to post a snarky reply, so I apologize.

In my defense, don't tell me that there is not a context (e.g. hole-in-one, etc.) in which you would post a photo of your scorecard, o pictorrheaic one.
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

ForkaB

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 04:23:50 PM »
OK

I'm not a smart ass, I'm just stupid.  The URL mystic gives me is below, I try to put it inside the IMG thingies, but still get that red X.  I'm starting to feel like Hester Prynne..........

http://www.mysticcolorlab.com/slideshow/AlbumID=10674647/PictureID=215579384/t_=8611652

Help!

Brian_Gracely

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2004, 04:32:42 PM »
OK

I'm not a smart ass, I'm just stupid.  The URL mystic gives me is below, I try to put it inside the IMG thingies, but still get that red X.  I'm starting to feel like Hester Prynne..........

http://www.mysticcolorlab.com/slideshow/AlbumID=10674647/PictureID=215579384/t_=8611652

Help!

Rich,

OK, I think I figured out what you're doing wrong...

Don't copy the URL from the top of the browser, which is what I think you're doing.

Instead, put your mouse over the picture and right-click.  A small menu should come up and at the bottom is "Properties".  Highlight this.  In the subsequent menu, there will be "URL" in the middle.  Highlight and copy the entire URL, and then copy it into the GCA thread with appropriate [img ] tags.

Hope that works.

ForkaB

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004, 06:26:06 PM »
Thanks, Brian, but I get the same URL and the same results.  Fortunately, my pictures aren't that good, so will not be missed.....

Brian_Gracely

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2004, 07:11:31 PM »
Rich,

There is no way you're getting the same URL.  Read the thing I wrote again (no, I'm not being Mucci or Moriarty on you).  If you're actually following my directions (getting the URL from the Properties menu...NOT the browser address at top of window), then it will look something like this:

http://images.mysticcolorlab.com/34267%3B9523232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D8%3A9%3D86%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232364%3B3289%3A7ot1lsi

Try it one more time.... ;)

Adam_F_Collins

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2004, 01:01:45 AM »
Testing...

Adam_F_Collins

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2004, 01:06:48 AM »
Thanks George!

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2004, 05:54:44 AM »
Rihc,
You need to put the img command (in square brackets [ ]) before the image name and the /img command (also in square brackets) after...

FBD.

Oh and PS Might I also suggest a purchase of some retouching software for Xmas...?

« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 06:13:52 AM by Martin Bonnar »
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Brian Phillips

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2004, 07:19:18 AM »
Happy Birthday FBD...

Brian
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2004, 07:57:24 AM »
Cheers, Brian
Cripes, 44 Today! Moi!?!?!? Shee-it - does that make me 4 years older than Huckory now???

FBD
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Brian Phillips

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2004, 08:43:58 AM »
Makes you 9 years older than me...... ;D
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back