News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Nelson

Re: Quirky Cotswolds Golf Break - Spring 2012
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2012, 01:15:04 PM »
Adrian, Thank you for organising the trip....

The quirky Cotswold courses did not fail us and the accomadation and craic was great.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »
Well done, Adrian and great stuff everyone for the walks down memory row and places to look forward to.  And, yes, my heart will ache until I make my next trip to Painswick.....

Rich

Rich

We were sitting in the clubhouse after our round at Painswick and right beside hanging on the wall was the clock presented to the club by golfclubatlas at the time of the Buda. As we were admiring it, the obviously proud greenkeeper, came up to us to inform us that it was presented by the European Association of Golf Course Architects. No one quite had the heart to put him right.

A great course. Not championship great, but great nonetheless.

Niall

Niall, Mr. Goodale was personally responsible for the selection and purchase of that Dali-esque clock.   That was a memorable event.  The club hosted a nice banquet at which their resident poet laureate, Dahlia, recited a lengthy ode to the participants and spirit of the competition.  BBC sent a camera crew and reporter!

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2012, 06:11:45 PM »
Ok based on  1 play of each.

1   Minchampton – lovely surprise when you get to the green.
2   Cleeve Hill
3   Painswick
4   Painswick
5   Painswick 
6   Painswick
7   Painswick I really enjoyed the 3 par 3 in a row.
8   Minchampton
9   Minchampton – wonderful hole.
10   Painswick
11   Minchampton
12   Cleeve Hill
13   Cleve Cloud  green just edges Painswick because the green setting is all world. Mucci would vote for the later as a purer test of golf.
14   Cleve Hill
15   Cleve Hill although I was very taken with Minchampton
16   Minchampton
17   Cleve Hill just pushes out  Minchampton
18   Cleeve Hill
Let's make GCA grate again!

Sean_A

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2012, 07:36:51 PM »
Spangles

Interesting how our eclectics are so similar.  Its also interesting how we both have Cleeve Cloud as the easy back nine horse while Ben's is evenly split.  While I can understand all your choices I have to wonder about Pain's 5th.  This is one of those I consider a poor hole and not a patch on Cleeve Cloud's 5th, unless quirk trumps all... which is not all bad.

Ciao

New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Chechesee Creek & Old Barnwell

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back