News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Andy Silis

Grizzly Ranch/ Portola, CA ????
« on: December 20, 2003, 10:45:25 AM »
I was browsing through the collection of images at Joann Dost's site: www.joanndost.com and under golf courses in California there was a listing for Grizzly Ranch in Portola, CA. When I clicked on the link to the images it came up "ground under repair" meaning that you needed to e-mail joann dost for availability. I grew up in Palo Alto and spent many years in the Bay Area and thought I knew all of the courses in that neck of the woods. Is this a private estate course? If anyone in this esteemed group has any information ( Gib, Huck....) please let me know. ( I e-mailed Joann Dost for info as well )

Happy Holidays to all at GCA!

Andy Silis

Norbert P

Re:Grizzly Ranch/ Portola, CA ????
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2003, 04:59:12 PM »
 Thanks Andy, Joann sure does have a nice website to browse through.  Sorry I can't help you with your question though.
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2003, 05:03:14 PM »
I would guess that this project may be on hold.
Steve

www.grizzlyranchresort.com
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Andy Silis

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2003, 08:19:18 PM »
Thanks Steve!---Mystery solved. I actually thought Portola meant Portola Valley near Woodside and San Mateo, CA.

Larry_Rodgers

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2003, 12:27:13 PM »
Grizzly Ranch is underway, however it is resting for the winter. Bob Cupp is the designer with SEMA construction as the contractor. Many of the holes are shaped with some drainage and irrigation. Look for the project to get going again after the snow clears spring 2004

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back