News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ed_getka

Joe Lee book
« on: December 21, 2003, 12:48:05 PM »
Apparently from my reading of T&L Golf, a book was done by Joe Lee with Ron Whitten. It was privately printed and costs $50. Has anybody seen this book or know anything about it?
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Mitch Hantman

Re:Joe Lee book
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 06:23:42 PM »
Ed,

I have a copy. It is quite a good book, describing Joe's philosophy, and his personal and professional history.  If you need info on how to obtain it, I can provide it.  Let me know.

Willie_Dow

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2003, 08:35:37 PM »
Mitch:  Can you give us the ISBN #?

ed_getka

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2003, 10:24:28 PM »
Mitch,
  Thank you for the reply. Yes, I would love the info so I can obtain a copy.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Mitch Hantman

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 07:11:11 AM »
It is a private printing, therefore to my knowledge, it is not available in stores.  Written by Ron Whitten in 2002, it is called Gentleman Joe Lee  50 Years of Golf Design.  Write to the
Joe Lee Scholarship Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 1270
Boynton Beach, Fl.  33425

I believe that a $50 donation to the Fund is all it takes.

Hope this helps.  If you have further problems, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Mitch

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 07:25:06 AM »
What was the last course Joe Lee did?  He completed a nice little daily fee job near my home (MD) 3-4 years back.  It's called Musket Ridge.  A friend of mine, Brian Hughes, is director of golf.  Brian told me that on opening day Lee was out playing a full 18 holes and he played quite well.  He was 80 something.  I think I remember being told that this was Lee's final course...

JC

ed_getka

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2003, 10:34:13 PM »
Mitch,
  Thank you very much for the info. Happy holidays.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back