News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Pinehurst The Odd Way(1,3&5) by Adam Barr
« on: July 30, 2010, 10:41:57 AM »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tim Gavrich

Re: Pinehurst The Odd Way(1,3&5) by Adam Barr
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 02:06:52 PM »
Nice piece by the former Golf Channel guy:

http://www.adambarrgolf.com/ab3gwp_lm/2010/07/pinehurst-the-odd-way/
Interesting.  I've played Nos. 2, 5, and 8 at Pinehurst and while 2 is fantastic and 8 is (I think, and I'm no Fazio fanboy) quite good, I was a bit disappointed in No. 5.  The little houses and condos are so close to so many of the holes that it seems like every swing off the tee is a defensive one.  Lots of little white stakes.

I would love to see Nos. 1 and 3 sometime soonish.  They seem like great courses for a quick, late-evening round or for some concentrated short-game practice.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Steve Kline

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 05:07:56 PM »
5 and 6 both suffer from the housing development issue. And, really, 3 does too. 1 and 3 could be a blast if kept firm and fast because there are some cool slopes, especially on 3. However, they are maintained pretty plush with longer grass for the older members who frequently play them. 1 and 3 would be good courses to play if you like to play with hickories.

John Moore II

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 05:30:25 PM »
I have played these three. I liked #5, probably more than most. To me, #5 is the third best course coming out of he main clubhouse. But I did like 1 and 3.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back