News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Victor Donnay

Looking for Scottish golfing buddies
« on: Yesterday at 07:49:03 AM »
I am going to be in the Edinburgh-St Andrews - North Berwick areas for a mixed work -family -  golf trip from Oct 3 to 23. I will be playing as a single so would like to link up  :)  with any golfers in the area who would like to join me. From Friday  Oct 3 - Thursday 10,  I am in St Andrews (giving a math talk at the university on the 8th - on chaos theory, all welcome to attend :) ).

I am going to try to play the Old Course  on Wed Oct 9th or Thur Oct 10th via either the daily ballot or using the single daily draw. I have found the Old Course Ballot Buddy as a way to get paired up with someone to be eligible for the daily ballot. Any other suggestions for how to get on the ballot as a single or ways to improve ones chances?  I am flexible for the other days as to where to play. I have been reading up here; so many great choices (New, Jubilee, Castle, Elie, Crail, Leven, Luden). I know it will be crazy through the weekend with the Dunhill tournament though.

From Friday Oct 18 - Tuesday Oct 22, I am in North Berwick. I play North Berwick on the Friday and Muirfield on the Tuesday. A benefit of being a single, even though the North Berwick website said they were all booked till 2025, when I asked about playing as a single they were very welcoming and said they would fit me in. Again flexible about where to play on the other days: Gullane, Dunbar , Kilspindle, the Glen, .... My son and his partner are in the process of moving to Edinburgh so I am likely to back often in future years so do not feel the need to play all the courses on this first visit!

Some numbers about me: 65 yrs, 17 hdcp, home club is Philadelphia's McCall Golf Club, a walkable 4500 yds designed by Donald Ross and William Flynn, just across the railroad tracks from Cobbs Creek.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:11:42 AM by Victor Donnay »

Marty Bonnar

Re: Looking for Scottish golfing buddies
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 05:22:09 PM »
Victor,

Would have loved to host you at Ladybank, but I’m getting a new hip this Saturday so will be out of action for six to eight weeks. Let me know when you’re returning and we’ll get set up.
Cheers,
M.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Victor Donnay

Re: Looking for Scottish golfing buddies
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 07:05:40 PM »
Marty,

I hope your hip replacement goes well and look forward to connecting when I next return to the area.
Best wishes,
Victor

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back