News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Dallas Privates
« on: April 26, 2024, 09:34:10 PM »
Generally don’t seem to foster much discussion.  I started my career there 40 years ago and was in town this week.  Brook Hollow, Northwood, Dallas CC, Preston Trail, Lakewood, Dallas National, Dallas Athletic and Trinity Forest is a nice roster.  What gives?
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

DFarron

Re: Dallas Privates
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 05:15:30 PM »
I played Trinity on Wednesday and was very impressed. Great layout, very secluded atmosphere  and it seemed very isolated from the city only 10 miles away.

Lou_Duran

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 10:04:26 PM »
Generally don’t seem to foster much discussion.  I started my career there 40 years ago and was in town this week.  Brook Hollow, Northwood, Dallas CC, Preston Trail, Lakewood, Dallas National, Dallas Athletic and Trinity Forest is a nice roster.  What gives?

You played these courses during this trip?  Impressive if so.

Not that rankings matter to many here, but the Dallas Morning News is publishing its "Texas Golf Annual" for 2024 tomorrow (4/28).

State rankings in the order listed above, 3 (BH), 25, 56, 4, 35, 2, 58, 38.  Whispering Pines in east Texas was voted #1 again.

I've voiced my opinion before that Dallas courses as well as many in Texas are underappreciated.  Of those mentioned, most have had significant renovations with DN currently undergoing major work and Lakewood possibly following the trend.   

mike_beene

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 06:02:35 PM »
I assume you are referring to the Blue course at DAC? I hear good things about the redo of the Gold.
Lakewood votes on the Andrew Green proposal in May.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2024, 06:08:10 PM »
Sweet Lou!  I’ve not played any of the courses mentioned.  Hit and run days are long gone.  Back in the day it was Firewheel and daylight to dark at Tennison Park, Grapevine Muni and occasionally the two relatively nice courses at DFW - Bear Creek?

Mike, didn’t C&C do significant work at Lakewood?  What a great collection of Craftsman Bungalows in that neighborhood.  Also the onetime home of my regular haunt Boardwalk Beach Club. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 06:39:59 PM by Mike Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

mike_beene

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 06:33:55 PM »
Coore and Crenshaw have worked on the course for years. Did all the bunkering and a few new greens and tees back in 2013. We probably drove them crazy, but I think they wanted to turn over our long term to someone else. That is my understanding of how we ended up hiring Andrew Green. I believe the proposal will pass, but I guess you don’t know until it happens.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back